Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2019, 08:57 PM   #1

3051 slide leak

Anybody have any issues with a leak beneath the slide on a 3051? Only leaks when the slide is in so I’m guessing it has to Dow it’s where the gas line for the stove enters the coach?
Also just discovered a leak in the bathroom vanity cabinet. I’m guessing it’s leaking around the outside drivers side light fixture which is directly behind and above the vanity cabinet.

https://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/NCTNVAsm.jpg
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #2

3051 slide leak

Haven’t had on our 14 3051 but I think all the water lines to the sink etc are also under there with the gas line and a bungee cord to keep them moving correctly.

For the vanity check that skylight as well just in case. Other than that it could be the scare light on that side.

Skylight may be a stretch since it doesn’t move with the slide but water is tricky sometimes.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpster808 View Post
Haven’t had on our 14 3051 but I think all the water lines to the sink etc are also under there with the gas line and a bungee cord to keep them moving correctly.

For the vanity check that skylight as well just in case. Other than that it could be the scare light on that side.

Skylight may be a stretch since it doesn’t move with the slide but water is tricky sometimes.

I’m thinking the area where the gas line goes through as well for the under slide issue. Pulled the skylight trim from the inside and all is dry up there. Covered the scare light with tape until I can get home and get a better look from a ladder. Also need to double check all my roof seams again.

https://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/NCTNVAsm.jpg
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #4

3051 slide leak

You are probably correct for the underside one. I think you can only get a good look at them when the slide is out too if I remember correctly.

Ours were looked at last year when I had a new propane regulator installed - independent installer checked all the lines etc for gas leaks. He commented on the strange setup with the bungee etc.

Need to look at mine again before next trip. Will be curious as to what you find. Will give me a chance to try out my new borescope camera I picked up - should be easier than trying to get to that area.

Tags
305, forester, leak, slide