Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
My Coach is a 2012 model so maybe they were trying to reduce costs on later models. Also maybe they only supply the fan for units sold in hot areas of the country.
Sounds odd but I have a friend who bought a new Land Rover in southern Pa. He took it on a snowmobiling trip up north in -20 degree weather and the oil breather frooze up pushing the oil out all over. Turns out there was a cold weather kit that Rover only installed on those units sold up north to prevent the issue. They didn't expect a car from Pa would ever need it and I guess never expected someone might drive it up north.
Or more than likely someone on the line grabbed the wrong fridge. Fridge for slide outs (with fans) Fridge with roof vents (no fans).

Or Fridge with fan, fan got broken off at some point.

We certainly wouldn't have purposely installed one without a fan to save the $3 fan cost.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #22

Hmmm!! Original poster "Six Pack" said he was told the following "Forest River says they don't install these fans Dometic does, Dometic says that these fans are not standard". Guess that was wrong based upon Brian's response which makes perfect sense. Sounds like a warranty issue.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #23

Fridge fan issues.
We just headed to Florida with our 2014 3025 windjammer.Yesterday we switched to Propane for the fridge. Temps were in the low 80's. The fridge is in the slideout.The fan sound is amazingly loud. You can hear it everywhere in the unit....It drives us crazy in the kitchen....We have the factory mounted fan.
There has to be a better way to cool this. Has anyone modified theirs? I am about to start digging around in the wall :~)
BTW - We just pulled it 1500 miles south from Vermont. It handles great on the highway and was easier to heat than our Cardinal TT.So far we are really pleased with the updates in Forest River quality and construction since our last purchase in 2006.
Grn_Mtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #24
Commercial Member

in my experience, when the fan is that loud it is hitting something or got jarred loose dying installation.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #25

Fridge fan

Hi bc,
I looked down into cavity yesterday and fan is securely mounted to a steel flange on back of fridge and is not hitting anything. The rpm of fan seems to be the sound issue. It is spinning very fast.....Two fans that would operate at a slower rpm would do the trick. I would have my dealer check it out but we are on the road now. I moved fan to the opposite side of enclosure on foam tabs and mounted it to the FR installed wood baffle which drops the noise by 50% so it is OK. The fan has a very high pitched whine. FR could easily make this alot quieter.
Having now "ranted" ~ after 1800 miles of freeway driving and 10 days on the road we are very pleased with our 3025 Windjammer. It tows incredibly smoothly behind our 2500HD GMC and the third kitchen slide with island has made this our favorite RV.
Thanks for taking the time to post a reply.
Best,
Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frfan1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	44605   Click image for larger version

Name:	frfan3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	44606   Click image for larger version

Name:	frfan2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	44607  
Old 01-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Those are just PC fans. My son and I just built a gaming PC and there was a HUGE fan (120mm) in that case, two of them in fact and you can barely hear it running.

If it is still an issue you can get those for about $20.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #27

Thanks! I just ordered a large "quiet" one to sit on top of fridge and blow sideways out through grill as well. I hope to use the same wiring and extend to new fan so I do not have to run fresh wire.

Tags
fan, fridge