Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 11:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
So this little slot is empty?
We were just playing with our JENSEN GPS today and see it can't find an address that our 8 year old portable Garmin can. We also notice the last software update was 2012. Our unit is only a month old. How do we go about getting an update for free? The address we are trying to input is only a couple of years old. If someone else can try their Jensen VM9726BT, then try Utah, West Jordan,Wilshire, 9312. Ours stops letting us put in info when we get to the street name and the 3 rd letter Wil.... Just curious if others are having problems finding new addresses. Thx, Ben
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #22
rd3

I've a problem with my radio/gps on the unit we just bought new a few months ago. I can't get in touch with the dealer I bought it from. I think maybe the closed this local branch or something. I'm going to contact Forest River if I can find their contact information. hopefully they will help me out.
rd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd3 View Post
I'm going to contact Forest River if I can find their contact information. hopefully they will help me out.
See Post #13 in this thread for two of the FR folks who should be able to help you out.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #24
Class C Representative

RD3 what is your issue with your Radio/GPS?
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #25
rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
RD3 what is your issue with your Radio/GPS?
It is actually the DVD wiring that is the problem. When it was installed whoever wired it broke the male end of the RCA cable off in the female wire (the video output) coming from the DVD/GPS unit. (or maybe it got in a bind when they slid the radio in) So I need a new RCA cable ran from the DVD player to the TV (through the wall) and somehow to get the broken off RCA piece out of the output cable from the unit.

It hasn't worked since I bought it new. Dealer told me I just wasn't setting the output and input on the unit and TV correctly. I didn't get a manual so he was supposed to get one for me and never did so (2 months later) I found one online and discovered I was doing everything right.

I checked the connections on the back of the TV and they were ok so I pulled the radio out and found this. Not sure where to go from here. Now I've been trying to get in touch with the dealer for another 2 months and he isn't returning my calls. Really frustrating. Thanks for asking, feels good to rant a little! lol.
Roy

And the aux input on the outside entertainment center doesn't work.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #26
2012 Solera

Roa connector

Quote:
It is actually the DVD wiring that is the problem. When it was installed whoever wired it broke the male end of the RCA cable off in the female wire (the video output) coming from the DVD/GPS unit. (or maybe it got in a bind when they slid the radio in) So I need a new RCA cable ran from the DVD player to the TV (through the wall) and somehow to get the broken off RCA piece out of the output cable from theDVD.
Fishing a new cable sounds hard. What about just replacing the connector?
http://www.amazon.com/10pcs-Audio-Co...=rca+connector

They also have female ones.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #27
rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Fishing a new cable sounds hard. What about just replacing the connector?
http://www.amazon.com/10pcs-Audio-Co...=rca+connector

They also have female ones.
Yes I considered that but want to talk to someone first at Forest River. If they tell me to do that then I'll give it a try. I thought if I start modifying it and then still have a problem they might say it won't be covered under warranty since I messed with it.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #28
Class C Representative

Who is/was your dealer?
Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #29
rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Who is/was your dealer?
Bankston in Nashville. There phone is no longer in service. Seems they have moved on.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #30
Class C Representative

I will PM you.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 08-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #31

Quote:
Yes I considered that but want to talk to someone first at Forest River. If they tell me to do that then I'll give it a try. I thought if I start modifying it and then still have a problem they might say it won't be covered under warranty since I messed with it.
Same problem here. And, the yellow video cable was loose. The center section came off in my hand even.

I felt the same as you about the warranty, but thought it had to be the video RCA plug. So I replaced the plug but there's still no video on the overhead TV from the dashboard Jensen DVD.