Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #1

Ac won’t run

Yesterday we went to a lake camping. I plugged in my 2861 Ds. Ac and everything run for about 5 minutes. Then the 30 amp breaker tripped. I reset it. It tripped again. Only it was my 30 amp breaker at the foot of our bed. I reset it and run my generator throughout the night. The next morning the campground maintenance guys came to replace breaker and outlet. They asked me to plug in to there service to witness the breaker tripping. After about 3 minutes they breaker wouldn’t trip so they left without changing anything. A minute later there breaker tripped. I started my onboard generator back up. But ac and 110 outlets don’t work. Is there anything else I can reset besides the breaker at the end of the bed ?
essentialbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by essentialbill View Post
Yesterday we went to a lake camping. I plugged in my 2861 Ds. Ac and everything run for about 5 minutes. Then the 30 amp breaker tripped. I reset it. It tripped again. Only it was my 30 amp breaker at the foot of our bed. I reset it and run my generator throughout the night. The next morning the campground maintenance guys came to replace breaker and outlet. They asked me to plug in to there service to witness the breaker tripping. After about 3 minutes they breaker wouldn’t trip so they left without changing anything. A minute later there breaker tripped. I started my onboard generator back up. But ac and 110 outlets don’t work. Is there anything else I can reset besides the breaker at the end of the bed ?
If the 30 amp breaker at the foot of your bed trips you will have no 120 volts on your trailer. Lights will work because they are 12 volts. I am confused about which breaker is tripping. You'rs or the camps? If you'rs works on your generator then it is good. Have them take the camps pedestal apart and look for loose connections. Make them hang around for at least 15 min. Could be a loos connection. many parks outlets wear out with use and age. You may have a problem with your transfer switch.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #3

There breaker tripped twice. Mine at the foot of the bed tripped once. I reset it but AC won’t come on with generator or shore power. Any other breaker that could be tripped ? .
essentialbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by essentialbill View Post
There breaker tripped twice. Mine at the foot of the bed tripped once. I reset it but AC won’t come on with generator or shore power. Any other breaker that could be tripped ? .

Your generator likely has it's own circuit breakers on it, that could be tripped also.

However, if this is the case, then you may have a problem somewhere (or overloading the circuit) that is causing the circuit breakers to keep tripping (as that would be 3 different ones tripping).

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #5
2012 Solera

What else do you have turned on? Big users of electric include air con, water heater on electric, microwave, coffee maker, hair drier. Medium users include fridge on electric, converter.

Three “big users” will blow a circuit breaker; two “big users” plus maybe three “medium users” also.

I put water heater on gas only, fridge on gas, avoid optional significant users when using aircon.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote