Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2021, 10:03 PM   #1

advise on stereo and parking brake

sunseeker 3050s 2017 with the pioneer avh-x390bs stereo...

I was looking to connect additional phones via Bluetooth to the stereo but ran into the "memory full error". In the manual, it says to engage the parking brake twice to enable the additional stereo features that will allow me to delete the existing phones in the stereo memory.

I have tried many times to enable these features by enabling the parking brake.
(scoured the internet a bit on this topic)
Is there a trick to this? It seemed pretty straight forward, but I haven't been able to do it.

I even pulled off the dash and checked the parking brake wiring to see if there may have been a bypass or a toggle switch; I didnt find one. It appears to be appropriately connected. (I'll take a picture next time)
ktobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktobias View Post
sunseeker 3050s 2017 with the pioneer avh-x390bs stereo...

I was looking to connect additional phones via Bluetooth to the stereo but ran into the "memory full error". In the manual, it says to engage the parking brake twice to enable the additional stereo features that will allow me to delete the existing phones in the stereo memory.

I have tried many times to enable these features by enabling the parking brake.
(scoured the internet a bit on this topic)
Is there a trick to this? It seemed pretty straight forward, but I haven't been able to do it.

I even pulled off the dash and checked the parking brake wiring to see if there may have been a bypass or a toggle switch; I didnt find one. It appears to be appropriately connected. (I'll take a picture next time)

i thought you were joking... like stand on 1 foot, rub your tummy and pat your head to make it work!!
But the joke is on me. Because that unit has a dvd there is a wire that is supposed to be hooked to the parking brake so you cannot watch and drive at the same time. May be that your wire is not connected??
but Google knows all! This>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Take your parking brake wire on you radio (should be light green) and install a toggle switch between the radio and a good ground. Then you will be able to access those pesky menus. Or you could actually connect it to your parking brake ground and accomplish the same thing. I did a switch because every once in a while my kid rides in my car with me and I can throw a DVD in to keep him occupied while I'm driving. I have also had the need to access the bluetooth menu, phonebook, etc. while driving before so that's the other reason I installed the switch.

* I in no way endorse bypassing the safety system to enable watching movies while driving. I highly recommend connecting it to the parking brake.*

If it doesn't work you may have to engage the brake, disengage, then engage it again. My 4400 needs this sequence in order to access the menus and DVD.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
good luck!!

Tags
parking, stereo