Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #1

Air bags

Good day to all of you. Question of the day…we have a Forest River 2013 3010DS.
I am wondering what everybody runs their airbag pressure at. It sits on a Ford E450 frame.
Len01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len01 View Post
Good day to all of you. Question of the day…we have a Forest River 2013 3010DS.
I am wondering what everybody runs their airbag pressure at. It sits on a Ford E450 frame.
You will get many answers and it is likely that none are correct for you. So here is a place to start;
Min pressure back in ‘13 for Firestone RideRite Airsprings was 5 psi
Max is 100 psi.
They are designed to allow you to balance your load and provide some supplemental anti sway and leaf spring support.
Soooo, I suggest starting at 50psi and add or subtract to get the coach level. At that point you can add or subtract equal amounts until your built in measuring device tells you it is what you want. That device is also known as “The seat of your pants”.

I run 65psi left and 75psi right.

Happy Trails
Old 09-28-2021, 07:58 PM   #3

I agree with Ducky that you will have to decide what feels right and how much side to side leveling you might need. I need 20 psi more in the driver side to level when loaded. I run 80/60 when to provide some sway control on curvy roads and 40/20 when on straight roads for softer ride. I have an on board compressor to allow changes on the fly.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobagbob View Post
I agree with Ducky that you will have to decide what feels right and how much side to side leveling you might need. I need 20 psi more in the driver side to level when loaded. I run 80/60 when to provide some sway control on curvy roads and 40/20 when on straight roads for softer ride. I have an on board compressor to allow changes on the fly.
Do the onboard compressors allow you to vary pressure on each side separately and can they be adjusted from the cab to set pressures? I just bought a house and need to adjust the airbags up to 90+ to get in the driveway but then I would like to set them back to about 60 for travel.

Chuck & Lois
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:24 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
Do the onboard compressors allow you to vary pressure on each side separately and can they be adjusted from the cab to set pressures? I just bought a house and need to adjust the airbags up to 90+ to get in the driveway but then I would like to set them back to about 60 for travel.
There are dual path compressors that you can use on the go via dash, remote or even phone app. They are going to put about a $450 dent in your billfold.

Tags
air bags