Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 02:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
well not 2k but 1938.43 cents.

Wish i was in the US canadian prices are so expensive.

i think i get it back today.. on a side note do you know if you can have a bleeder valve welded in so you can re-add r-132a regrigerant if it leaks out and what would the cost be.. It may be something to look into. This 2k every couple of years my get a little pricey.

Bob
If not for the ugly current exchange rate it would pay to take a little vacation on this side of the border.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #22

When I was sweltering in the Keys the ac guy had no inventory of replacement units...he offered to "recharge" me so he added the ports and gassed me up for $150...lasted two days. DO NOT recharge these things. The leak was in the welds of the condenser...no way to "fix" this. The recharge was chasing windmills. If the gas leaks out it will continue to do so no matter how many "recharges" are done.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhit View Post
When I was sweltering in the Keys the ac guy had no inventory of replacement units...he offered to "recharge" me so he added the ports and gassed me up for $150...lasted two days. DO NOT recharge these things. The leak was in the welds of the condenser...no way to "fix" this. The recharge was chasing windmills. If the gas leaks out it will continue to do so no matter how many "recharges" are done.
Not always true. Sounds like your repairman wasn't very good at repairing. We had the same thing happen to us. The mobile tech repaired a small leak in a seam, then added a puncture port to recharge. Still working fine after several years.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:05 PM   #24

Air conditioner problem

My air conditioner did the same fan no cold air. I flipped the breaker for it off and back on and that fixed the problem. The breaker didn't look tripped'
jodeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #25
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Air conditioner fail - what's the warranty??

We (husband) checked the post with 2 different electrical checkers, one to make sure the post is not hot and one to see actual amps and voltage before anything is plugged in. And we had the Progressive Industries EMS plugged in. We did not think to flip any fuses because the fan was blowing very well. But we can certainly try that before we take it the customer no-service center. Maybe it's a leak because it did work once, briefly but enough to see that it worked.

We did not try it on generator only we can still try that also. And the filter is perfectly clean as it hasn't been used yet. I did check the filter.

I am trying not to lose heart BUT the MB truck air conditioner failed also. The Mercedes service center is looking at it, they don't have a diagnosis yet but they're already making noises that the FR or RV sales place should be responsible and not MB.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #26

There was a coil manufacturing issue with the Dometic units made in the last few years. According to what I read after July 16 there shouldn't be any more core troubles. Good luck with your unit.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, warranty