Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2020, 01:00 AM   #1

Alarm system

Anyone ever put an alarm in the house side of their RV. Looking to alarm side door and motion sensor etc. that seems to be beyond a normal car alarm
Ideas?
sgoharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:59 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Lots of folks use alarms. Tons of choices depending on your needs and certain power requirements. In-use is easy. In storage not so easy.

It is nice to be able to check on the ruler of the known universe when you are out exploring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9D7F68C1-A6A4-4261-BC35-A5847B581C88.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	244887  
Old 12-21-2020, 02:03 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Lots of folks use alarms. Tons of choices depending on your needs and certain power requirements. In-use is easy. In storage not so easy.

It is nice to be able to check on the ruler of the known universe when you are out exploring.
Duck......I see you’ve changed the interior colour scheme of your rig. Kinda black/white/grey theme going on their. Kinda different. Nice.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Duck......I see you’ve changed the interior colour scheme of your rig. Kinda black/white/grey theme going on their. Kinda different. Nice.
If you use infra-red you cannot see the vinyl floor that turned red.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:53 PM   #5

Simply safe had a major sale before Christmas.

We bought a basic unit for $170.

Gave it to my son as a gift. He did not want it. We are going to put it in the fifth wheel.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:53 AM   #6

I have power and wifi where I store my class c so putting a drop cam in tomorrow. Not perfect but gives piece of mind
Old 01-31-2021, 10:53 PM   #7

If you want cameras or an alarm, you are probably going to need a hot spot added to the rig and a place to store it with power hooked up. We are lucky that I have covered storage with power. I have been thinking of the cheap Ring alarm and not paying for the monitoring. That way I can monitor the use from the app. Otherwise I was going to add the Arlo camera since they a magnetic mount and then add a couple inside. Again, no monitoring just so I can view on the app. The Hotspot will only get data usage when checking in or if a camera that is set detects motion.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:16 AM   #8

I put a drop cam in my rv and it works fine. Lets me know if it hears or sees anything
Old 02-02-2021, 02:01 AM   #9

We use a Ring camera to watch temperatures and humidity. The entry door is at the left of the refrigerator so it notifies us if anyone enters.
It has two way talk.
Occasionally it sends motion notifications if there is a sudden change in lighting but otherwise works well.
We're parked at home and it's connected to home wi-fi via an extender.
On the road we connect to a hotspot when we go off someplace in the car.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210202-015329_Gallery.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	247108
Old 02-05-2021, 09:08 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post

Of all the comfortable places to sit/lay..."nahhh, I'll just lay here on this hard table"

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote