Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #1

Another 3050 slide defect

I must add my story to the earlier comments about 3050 slide defect (Mattnlisa Oct 2014). I bought my 3050 in early 2014 and it was delivered in April of 2014. Like others I have had nerous issues, but the slide is the biggest issue. The bottom several screws came loose on the first significant trip (June). I spent the next several months attempting to get it resolved. Visited 3 dealers - the 2nd and 3rd recommended by Forest River service. By Late Oct it had spent 3 months in the shops. In January Forest River suggested they would take it to the factory for repairs. The coach went to factory Feb 2nd. Reportedly, it has been fixed, but needs to be painted and prepped for return, so I do not know whether the fix will work. I have asked for an estimated return, but have not received a response. I have repeatedly asked whether the other issues have been fixed, but have not received an answer on that either. So at this point it has been at the factory for another 3 months and I still do not know when it will be returned or whether the "fix" will work.

I would love to hear whether any of the other owners with this problem have had their coach fixed and whether the fixes actually worked long term.

JHammer
JHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:18 PM   #2

I feel for you,I also had the striped screw issue on my 3051s ( same as your 3050 only a Forester model) Mine was repaired by installing extra screws in-between the striped ones, was done under warranty and it has held up so far. But mine is in dealer now to have the complete front motor tower replaced, But you what, I have to give a BIG thank-you to Forest River, they are doing this under warranty even though I am well out of my one year. This shows that they REALLY do care about owners!!!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #3
Commercial Member

A lot of delays are being caused by parts shortages and just how busy everyone is. I know that getting service units completed has been a major focus lately, its brought up in staff every week. WE want them out quickly, but we want them done right so no one has to come back.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:33 AM   #4

I can share a happy ending to our saga thus far... Dealer rebuilt the slide, installed new motors, tracks, brackets, and added additional supports to the sides to provide the mounting strength necessary. Works flawlessly now.

Only issue we are still concerned about is the full body paint. On the upper rear of the coach, FR applied the paint over the top of the sealant. Now the sealant along the corners is stretching in the sun, causing the paint to crack. Water seeped in and caused paint to bubble on the side wall. We had it in for the dealer to repaint one corner, and apply the sealant on top of the paint. Now we have the other corner splitting. I was tempted to just apply sealant over the cracks, but the paint looks like crap as it continues to stretch and split.
mattnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:01 PM   #5

I second the paint problem!!!
My 2014 is doing the SAME thing. I addressed this to the dealer and was told I was out of my 1 year warranty window so FR wouldn't pay for repairs.
Since I'm unhappy with making all these trips back and forth I am going to fix the paint/ sealant blemishes myself. I'll just razor blade out the sealant, trim the flaking paint spots, re-seal and touch up paint. I won't repaint over the new sealant tho

This happened on my top rear trim and lower entry door.

After many trips back and forth getting little things fixed I'm to the point of just doing it myself,,, especially when I'm standing at the service desk and in walks a 25 yr old kid asking the boss what he's working on next Yep. True story

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Outlaw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw7 View Post

especially when I'm standing at the service desk and in walks a 25 yr old kid asking the boss what he's working on next Yep. True story

Sorry, but what is wrong with a 25 year old "kid? " working on a RV.?
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #7

My point is this. The kid was young. So how much experience could he possibly have?
When I spend 90k on something new I don't want it to be the Training Ground for someone to try and fix it.
Enough said

Outlaw7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, slide