Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Not sure anyone will ever post an allowable snow depth. All snow is not created equal.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not sure anyone will ever post an allowable snow depth. All snow is not created equal.
I'm not surprised that allowable snow load is not published. Agreed that all snow is not equal, but building codes state design snow depths. I suppose they figure the worst case, and when you have the dry fluffy stuff you just have more margin.

Here in upstate South Carolina (elevation 1000') the code depth is 24 inches! The record is 14 inches.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJMB View Post
Got our 3050s in June. Love it. Just wish they would make a diagram where all the valves are so it can be winterized easily. I have seen several post on this load cracking, I do not have that noise. Curious as to why there is a loud sound.
I second that. It would be great to have a diagram all valves, drains, other junctions mechanical and electrical
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #24

Wiring / Plumbing Diagrams

Wow, Yes. That would be amazing to have.

Complete plumbing and wiring schematics with locations. I wish!

"Not all those who wander are lost..."
jimdaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #25

3050S with exterior "cracks" in the top corners!!

I'm not wanting to cross post, but here is a link to another post regarding cracks in the upper read corners of our brand new ( < 1200 kms) SS 3050S.

Anyone else seen this?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post544384

Old 02-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdaway View Post
I'm not wanting to cross post, but here is a link to another post regarding cracks in the upper read corners of our brand new ( < 1200 kms) SS 3050S.

Anyone else seen this?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post544384

Our issue is not cracks but a creaking sound behind the drivers seat when moving..Mine is mostly when going slow and over a slight bump.
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #27

We've not heard any creaking yet but we have less the 1200kms on the unit.

These cracks are on the dark brown painted upper corners and standout like crazy. They're very upsetting given the unit hasn't really rolled.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Need pictures. I've seen some hairline cracks that ended up being a paint flaw (dried too quickly or at too high heat, can't remember). Without pics, can't really say.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #29

Hi. I didn't want to cross post from another forum so I left a link in the original post but anyway, here's the pics...

View image: 20140217 111717 Copy

View image: 20140217 111714 Copy

Any ideas?

Old 02-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #30
Commercial Member

That's just sealant that was painted over. Normally we paint then Use clear over that. Some areas I think they have to seal, but will clean it up before painting.

Certainly not what you want, but it's not structural or anything like that. Document and let the dealer know.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #31

That's awfully reassuring. It sure is an eye-sore but I'm exceedingly grateful it's not something structural.

The unit has been sitting snow-bound in storage since November. There's not a lot of snow on the roof. Also, today when I went to check it, the door wouldn't close properly and I had to lift on the door to get the studs to slide into their receiver slots.

I'll be VERY glad when this winter is over and we can roll our Baby back out and start to enjoy it!!

Thanks again. Very, very much appreciated!

Old 02-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #32

My four door refridgerator is not working. This is it's second major issue. The first was the doors would not stay closed while driving so the dealer installed the correct handles. Now it will not cool. Troublesome to say the least as the dealer is 30 miles away, time, and money lose for me.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #33

Hey DrMB; Sorry to hear of your issues. We only used our reefer once before we parked the unit for the winter but it did work very well on gas and electric settings.

We too are about 45 miles away from our dealer as they had the best deal going. The savings were great but the distance from them sure can be a hindrance.

Best of luck to you! Let us know how it works out.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #34

I just took mine out of winter habernation and have a trip planned. Inconvienent to say the least. I brought a new one in hopes of avoiding these problems. It would be unfair to blame FR
Old 02-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Dometic is normally pretty good about resolving stuff like that. Yes a pain, but at least they're responsive.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:10 AM   #36

You don't have to return to your dealer. See if someone closer is licensed to do warranty work for dometic.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #37

That would save some time. However the repair facillities say I need to go back to dealer since the whole RV is covered by a warranty. Apparently complicating the issue.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:48 PM   #38

Well a 100 mile round trip to dealer for refrigerator fix, 3.5 hours later back home. Fortunately it was a quick fix and I guess it was FR fault. A piece of putty fell in the right place to block burner. Silly that Dometic people closer said Dometic wouldn't pay them because it was so new. What Would've happened if it occurred on the road? Dealer was quick and helpful.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #39

I had a problem with the propane side of my Dometic refrigerator last year. It worked perfectly on electric in my shop when I ran all systems before departing on a 4 month trip. The propane side had trouble lighting but sometimes it would, other times it shut-down. On the road it was even more difficult to get it operating.

After arriving at my campsite I asked for information on a local Dometic RV dealer. There was one located in Franklin, N.C. I called them and they in-turn called Dometic. Dometic gave them permission to come and investiage the problem. They arrived and found the positioning screw for the spark ignitor lose. Once the screw was tightened it worked perfectly. There was NO charge from the Dealer or Dometic.

BTW...the Dealer I purchased the RV from was 600 miles away and the closest was about 100 miles.

Also, I will never return to my dealer for any service work. There is a complete RV service location about 5 miles from my house. I always communicate directly with my Forest River warranty representative at the factory. Once a year passes then Good Sams Extended Warranty takes over. My generator had a problem but I took it directly to a Cummins Onan Service Center not my dealer. They replaced my fuel pump and carburetor at No charge.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #40

Thanks. Good to know. I'll call Dometic