Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #1

Arctic Pac

Have just purchased a new-to-us 2008 Sunseeker 2860DS. Dealer said it was equipped with the cold weather package. Wondering how I woukd determine if it is, in fact, so equipped.
acemart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

to the Forums. You should have a switch that reads Artic Pak or Tank Heaters. Not sure of your location for the switch. In our case it's by the water pump switch. We also have heating pads on the elbows by the sewage terminations that we can see from the compartment..

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Villa Estate 392FLFB

and should mention somewhere that it has better insulation in it
Old 07-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Anacortesians

We have the "Artic Pack" on our MH. "Artic" is an English word, a contraction of "articultaed lorry" which Americans would call an 18-wheeler. The word that should be used is "ARCTIC".

That said, it's a really peculiar system. According to the spec sheet that was included in the paperwork we got from the original owner, the heating elements are DC powered, draw about 7 amps each and have a thermostat that switches them on at 40 degrees and off at 65 degrees.

With the contaminants in the tank contents (particularly the black tank) they aren't going to freeze until quite a bit below 32 degrees, and why the hell would I want to heat up the black tank contents to 65 degrees? Imagine the stink!

As far as I'm concerned, that system is a total waste of resources.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
Commercial Member

From the 2011 model year on (some 2010 as we updated the designs), the tanks are enclosed and heated with fan forced air. The Arctic Pak, is as F and E Damp said...a 12v pad that goes on the bottom of the fresh & gray water tanks. I think those temps are a bit off now a days, but who knows what they once were.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #6

Thanks for the answers...will have to check around for switches and stuff to see if I really have that feature.
acemart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #7

I have that option on our 2004 FR 3100. I have to agree with F and E Damp that they are a complete waste. I have been thinking of disabling the switch permanently.

I think it's one of those options that sounds better than it actually is.
MikeInColo is offline   Reply With Quote