Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2021, 01:25 PM   #1

Arctic Package and batteries

I am considering buying a 2650s from a person out of state. In our conversations he did not know if he has the Arctic Package. Was that an option on the model or do they all come with it? Second question is what group size batteries does it have. Would they two be 6V or 12V?
Kentsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 01:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentsb View Post
I am considering buying a 2650s from a person out of state. In our conversations he did not know if he has the Arctic Package. Was that an option on the model or do they all come with it? Second question is what group size batteries does it have. Would they two be 6V or 12V?

That's on the Ford 450 chassis? My 2020 Forester 3011 has the Arctic package as $210 option. Batteries are 2 12v - group 24... i think. flooded.
you didn't say what year 2650s... it looks similar to 3011.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:24 PM   #3

It is a 2014.
Kentsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentsb View Post
It is a 2014.

well i'm no help, the switch for my arctic heaters is in the touch (touchy) panel. Someone here likely has your model and can tell you where the switch will be if it has the package.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #5
Kanadian Kamper

Here’s the Convenience Center control panel in my 2018 Sunseeker 2430S, and I DO NOT have the Arctic Package, so my location of the switch for it has a dummy plug, as indicated here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	96F4412C-996C-4CC3-A0FD-5196896176FD.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	257686  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:39 PM   #6
Site Team

Just realize the "Arctic Package" is a marketing term and doesn't mean it's a true 4 season camper. Even with the Package, it's a 3 season camper at best.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:23 PM   #7

The "Arctic Package" is simply 12 volt heating pads on the black and grey tanks. The "Arctic Package" does not include heat for the drain pipes. We bought it when we ordered our 2011 Sunseeker, but I now consider it to be useless. If it's cold enough to need it, it's cold enough to run the propane furnace which keeps the tanks and drain pipes warm anyway. If you aren't plugged into 120 volts, the power needed by the 12 volt heating pads will drain your batteries.

In my opinion, don't even consider whether the RV you are looking at has the package or not.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:28 AM   #8
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
The "Arctic Package" is simply 12 volt heating pads on the black and grey tanks. The "Arctic Package" does not include heat for the drain pipes. We bought it when we ordered our 2011 Sunseeker, but I now consider it to be useless. If it's cold enough to need it, it's cold enough to run the propane furnace which keeps the tanks and drain pipes warm anyway. If you aren't plugged into 120 volts, the power needed by the 12 volt heating pads will drain your batteries.

In my opinion, don't even consider whether the RV you are looking at has the package or not.
Exactly.

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 06-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #9

There is an existing thread on here that discusses the Artic Package wherin a factory rep posted with details of the package.

A Sunseeker with Arctic Package will have "-CDW" after the model name on the sticker beside the coach door. As previously stated, there will be a switch on your convenience centre labelled "ARTIC PAC". Aside from the heaters on the underside of the black & grey tanks, the drain valves are also boxed in with foam sheet. You should also see a floor level heater grate on the wall between the washroom and bedroom. It is painted the stunning teal colour in my pics. It carries plumbed in engine heat that is controlled by a knob on the dash beside the regular heater fan control. Lastly, the windows are dual pane.

If you don't see any of these, then you don't have it.

The batteries are 12V, group 24 lead acid.

FWIW, I really like mine. The best part is the centred queen bed in the back above an interior compartment that houses the water tank and an enormous full width storage area that I have successfully transported a rather large rocker/recliner in. This is externally accessed. It currently holds a fold-up table, four folded dog crates, a small bbq, a 20 lb propane tank in a milk crate, a large cooler, various camp chairs, three bolted down milk crates with three more to stack on top, a garbage can that I set up at camp for dog poo, two other milk crates that move around to store things like camp shovels and rakes, one 10" dia by 12" long hunk of tree trunk that I use to chop firewood on, a large tote to store lifejackets in, and two kayak paddles. This doesn't even fill the space. The doors are huge and I can get things in and out pretty easily.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210626_192349524.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	257913   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210626_192407372.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	257914   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210626_192431945.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	363.5 KB
ID:	257915  
Old 06-26-2021, 09:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougc905 View Post
There is an existing thread on here that discusses the Artic Package wherin a factory rep posted with details of the package.

A Sunseeker with Arctic Package will have "-CDW" after the model name on the sticker beside the coach door. As previously stated, there will be a switch on your convenience centre labelled "ARTIC PAC". Aside from the heaters on the underside of the black & grey tanks, the drain valves are also boxed in with foam sheet. You should also see a floor level heater grate on the wall between the washroom and bedroom. It is painted the stunning teal colour in my pics. It carries plumbed in engine heat that is controlled by a knob on the dash beside the regular heater fan control. Lastly, the windows are dual pane.

FWIW, I really like mine. The best part is the centred queen bed in the back above an interior compartment that houses the water tank and an enormous full width storage area that I have successfully transported a rather large rocker/recliner in. This is externally accessed. It currently holds a fold-up table, four folded dog crates, a small bbq, a 20 lb propane tank in a milk crate, a large cooler, various camp chairs, three bolted down milk crates with three more to stack on top, a garbage can that I set up at camp for dog poo, two other milk crates that move around to store things like camp shovels and rakes, one 10" dia by 12" long hunk of tree trunk that I use to chop firewood on, a large tote to store lifejackets in, and two kayak paddles. This doesn't even fill the space. The doors are huge and I can get things in and out pretty easily.

The CDW model is a special winter use model. Maybe that is “Arctic Package”. I have the ArcticPac option and it’s just the two thermostatically controled waste tank heat pads and a switch labeled ArcticPac. No dual pane windows, plumbed in engine heat, etc.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
The CDW model is a special winter use model. Maybe that is “Arctic Package”. I have the ArcticPac option and it’s just the two thermostatically controled waste tank heat pads and a switch labeled ArcticPac. No dual pane windows, plumbed in engine heat, etc.

Ahh. Bummer.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:49 PM   #12

Quote:

I’m curious. Does the CD in CDW stand for CanaDream? And the W for winter?
Old 06-28-2021, 04:43 AM   #13

Quote:
I’m curious. Does the CD in CDW stand for CanaDream? And the W for winter?

No idea. I thought it was ColD Weather. But I did buy it used from CanaDream.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:06 AM   #14

Quote:
No idea. I thought it was ColD Weather. But I did buy it used from CanaDream.
kenandterry has model 2430S-CD in their signature, and they bought a used CanaDream, if I’m not mistaken.

Back to the the OP’s situation (from New Mexico), perhaps if they’re not looking at a used CanaDream model, then having the full CDW winter package is less likely. They still might find the ArcticPac tank heater option.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Back to the the OP’s situation (from New Mexico), perhaps if they’re not looking at a used CanaDream model, then having the full CDW winter package is less likely. They still might find the ArcticPac tank heater option.

Yes. As previously stated, the motorhome is worth looking at regardless of the arctic package.
dougc905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:22 AM   #16
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Yes. As previously stated, the motorhome is worth looking at regardless of the arctic package.
Doug……is this the rig you have from CanaDream? 2650S-CDW

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome...9186?undefined

We have the 2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD. No Artic Pac.
The CD designation on ours means it was special order from Forest River for CanaDream.

For ours…..
No rear wall factory ladder to get access to the roof.
During its life of being a rental, the awning had been disconnected. We opened the awning for the first time when we researched buying it.
During its life of being a rental, the main television had been disconnected. We tested it for the first time when we researched buying it.
No factory installed in-line water filter.
Heavy density foam cushions.
No outside shower compartment.
Self closing drawers, and heavy duty cupboard hinges.

Hope that helps.

Ken and Terry

Tags
batteries