Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #1

Awning - 2018 Class-C, Mod: 3051S

Hello Folks

Its been awhile since Ive posted in here so I hope everyone is fine and healthy.

So here is my Q, I bought my 2018 Class-C, Mod: 3051S brand new and the awning worked well then came a "Recall" on my awning.

And of course since then its been a pain in the butt. I noticed that while camping after the recall was installed that the LEDs were not coming on so I took it back and when I picked it up everything seemed to work.

After a month or two I noticed the outside control pad for the awning that the bottom light was flashing so I took it back and they worked on it once more.

So since winter arrived and also covid my coach just sat at home, no big deal, so then my wife and I noticed that the LED light on the awning was on but very dim and its been that way for about one month now.

So I called up FR tech support who were absolutely worthless and so I just thought, OK, I will still use it and so the wife and I went out this past 3 day weekend and went camping in the desert.

So as of right now my awning does not work at all. It will not respond from either of the control pads in the coach as I have two, one in the front room and the other in the bedroom.

It also has a small control pad on the outside arm of the awning too and also is not working however the small control pad on the awning arm does have a light flashing which I cannot get to stop.

I have also called up the FR emergency line, you know the one for calling anytime, LOL

Anyway, all I wanted was a electrical schematic for troubleshoot and after a looooooong time on my cell while camping this weekend he sent me a usles picture of something that I did not ask for...it was pretty frustrating.

So does anyone here know here I can get a awning electrical schematic?

Oh and btw, when I am trying to use the main control pad in the coach to "Extend" the awning I can hear a small relay kick in so that part of the circuit is fine its the downstream part that I need help on.

if anyone can help I should would appreciate it and I do apologize for this long rant.

James
James Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:22 AM   #2

it sounds to me like you need to check the power to the awning are your coach batteries charged? The clicking would seem to indicate not enough power to hold the solenoid in. I have tested an awning motor by unhooking the wires making a jumper and going direct to a battery. I very much doubt you will find a schematic for the awning wiring.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #3

Thanks SeaDog and yes the batteries are new and charged plus this past weekend we were at a site with full hookups.
James Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #4

Here is the schematic I found online. I have a 2019 3051s. Awning has worked fine until this trip, can’t get awning lights to come on. Trying to decide if it is a recall item or if we left them on and they burnt out over the winter. 🤷*♀️
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCF6746A-0015-4346-8B08-9E46DA20B7AF.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	230874  
Aschumitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:37 PM   #5

Lipert awning

James Jake,
smart arm operators manual.

Try this site
https://www.primetimerv.com/pdf/1297...r%27s%20Manual

Lippert has a huge amount of information about their products, so much that it is sometimes hard to find what you need. the site above has the reset code for the outside pad. I keep this 7 page manual in my RV folder so I will be able to reference it on the road.

I had the recall done by a Lippert authorized RV dealer in Va. and for several months it did not work well. In January I was at my winter RV park south of Miami and had a repair man come out to look at another issue, and when he was done I asked him to look at the awning. He was very familiar with the awning and opened up the box and found that the recall was done wrong. He changed the wrong wiring and then redid the water proofing so it would work correctly.
I was so happy that I paid him separately and did not go thru the hassle of filing a claim.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, awning