Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #1

Awning LED Light Strip Turns On By Itself

We have a 2018 Forester 2861 and the awning led light strip keeps coming on by itself. We were leaving the unit last Sunday and we noticed the light was on after we drove around the row to double check the rig before going home. The power was off to the coach and we turned the light off at the outside awning mounted control. We got a call today, Tuesday, from the storage lot that the light strip was on. Has anyone experienced this issue? I did a search and couldnít find any advice.
Jeeperlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #2

If it has a remote control it may be getting a signal from some other source like a electronic gate opener causing it to come on. Awning are some times wired direct to the battery so its getting it power that way find the awning fuse and pull that.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:18 AM   #3

If you awning is a Solera SmartArm does it have the optional IR sensor? If so and the light button is in "Auto" the lights will come on when motion is detected.

I've noticed on my 2018 3011DSF with a Solera SmartArm if I turn on the awning light with OneControl and off with the outside awning button the OneControl status continues to show "on" although the light is actually off, and vice-versa. I haven't had the problem you've described but maybe OneControl periodically polls connected devices and is turning the awning light back on. The preceding is just a WAG

EDIT: Just re-read your post and you said the coach power was off so I just tried turning on my awning via OneControl and off with the awning button and when I turned off the coach power the awning light came on. I don't have a definitive answer but maybe your issue is due to the way OneControl interacts with a manually controllable device.
tkljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #4

Thanks for the insight. I will experiment more with it after it stops snowing.
Jeeperlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light