Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #1

Backup camera wire location?

I recently purchased a 2005 Suneeker 29' and I believe it has a factory installed backup camera (the camera on the license plate frame)...I saw another one with the exact same one so I'm assuming it must be factory. The only problem is...no monitor! Where would the location of the wire be? I would like to hook it up and take advantage of it!
etcatmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #2

My 2006 Sunseeker 3100LTD (31 footer) came from previous owner with a wireless receiver made by VR3. Their website here -
Wired / Wireless Back Up*Cameras
shows what looks like my unit here - VRBCS335W - Wired/Wireless Back-up Camera System
Unfortunately the label with the model # is worn off of my receiver.
You might give them a call or an email and see what a receiver unit might cost to replace yours.
By the way, I prefer a good "ground guide" to tell me what is directly behind the unit. Wife and daughter are slowly learning what to do... I keep it in case neither of them is around to help out.
Enjoy the coach! We have used ours a couple of times since we bought it last October and have come to really like it.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasnipe View Post
My 2006 Sunseeker 3100LTD (31 footer) came from previous owner with a wireless receiver made by VR3. Their website here -
Wired / Wireless Back Up*Cameras
shows what looks like my unit here - VRBCS335W - Wired/Wireless Back-up Camera System
Unfortunately the label with the model # is worn off of my receiver.
You might give them a call or an email and see what a receiver unit might cost to replace yours.
By the way, I prefer a good "ground guide" to tell me what is directly behind the unit. Wife and daughter are slowly learning what to do... I keep it in case neither of them is around to help out.
Enjoy the coach! We have used ours a couple of times since we bought it last October and have come to really like it.

Chris in Virginia
I noticed in the other motorhome I saw the wire was poking through a crack in the dash where 2 pieces meet, mine was not there....is yours wired or does it take advantage of the wireless feature of that setup?
etcatmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #4

Mine is a wireless unit. No wire from the camera to the display or the front of the coach. The only connection on the display is the 12v lighter plug.

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote