Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 53
I can't explain what happened to you, but at the Colton Mike Thompsons RV, I have had noting but a positive experience. hey have repaired 2 of my RV's there and done a very good job! The repaired my Trend after a fender bender and you couldn't tell it was ever in an accident. Now I have a Coachman Leprechaun that had massive roof and hood damage after a hail storm in Texas and they replaced the roof and fixed the hood and it looks like new!
santarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SO-CAL
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by santarich View Post
I can't explain what happened to you, but at the Colton Mike Thompsons RV, I have had noting but a positive experience. hey have repaired 2 of my RV's there and done a very good job! The repaired my Trend after a fender bender and you couldn't tell it was ever in an accident. Now I have a Coachman Leprechaun that had massive roof and hood damage after a hail storm in Texas and they replaced the roof and fixed the hood and it looks like new!
I am glad you had have a great experience. I just went to the SantaFe Springs one and it started out ok, but ended up with bad customer service again. Don't know why people think that you are dumb? just because they work there doesn't mean you are the one that doesn't know anything about the RV.
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Total Loss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philkaty View Post
I am glad you had have a great experience. I just went to the SantaFe Springs one and it started out ok, but ended up with bad customer service again. Don't know why people think that you are dumb? just because they work there doesn't mean you are the one that doesn't know anything about the RV.
I bought mine from Santa Fe Springs and I knew any service would be a battle. I knew that going in. Luckily I am very handy and will fix just about anything myself.

I had a leaky and shorted out LED taillamp and rather than going there, I e-mailed the service manager my info, a couple of photos of the taillamp and they sent me one. It required some follow up as they did not get right on it but I eventually got it and installed it myself.
No other warranty issues that would warrant a return trip.

Santa Fe Springs has a history of bad service after the rig is purchased- from what I heard.
I do have a local Forest River dealer in my town also should anything arise...luckily.
__________________
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SO-CAL
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
I bought mine from Santa Fe Springs and I knew any service would be a battle. I knew that going in. Luckily I am very handy and will fix just about anything myself.

I had a leaky and shorted out LED taillamp and rather than going there, I e-mailed the service manager my info, a couple of photos of the taillamp and they sent me one. It required some follow up as they did not get right on it but I eventually got it and installed it myself.
No other warranty issues that would warrant a return trip.

Santa Fe Springs has a history of bad service after the rig is purchased- from what I heard.
I do have a local Forest River dealer in my town also should anything arise...luckily.
They just had a turnover in the foreman and managers in service. The foreman did talk to me for awhile after I got it back and he is trying to change things for the better, but as we all know nobody likes change and old dogs don't do new tricks....
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
service

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.