Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 09:30 PM   #1

Bathroom door won't close 3051S

We have had a new 3051S for about 3 months and twice now after we get set up in an RV site, extend the levelors, and extend the slide...the bathroom door does not catch. Evidently the whole MH is in some kind of a twist. This only seems to happen in sites where our front wheels come off the ground. When we are in our own fairly level driveway...no problem. Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so, what did you do to prevent it?
Thanks
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:20 AM   #2

Have you checked to see if you rig is actually level? The big foot leveling system we have was way off level when it was delivered to us and one of the first things I did was re-calibrate the system. Much Much better now.

PS. I noticed that once I re-calibrated the RV so that it was actually level, our front entry door would stick considerably to the point where I had to file down the metal catch on the door jamb to allow for easy opening and closing.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
Have you checked to see if you rig is actually level? The big foot leveling system we have was way off level when it was delivered to us and one of the first things I did was re-calibrate the system. Much Much better now.

PS. I noticed that once I re-calibrated the RV so that it was actually level, our front entry door would stick considerably to the point where I had to file down the metal catch on the door jamb to allow for easy opening and closing.
Yes, I check for level both directions after the Bigfoot says it's level. We also assumed that when we picked up our new Forester that it would have been calibrated at the factory....WRONG! Since then, we had it calibrated and now it's accurate, but we still get the bathroom door problem. I may have to re-work the door catch, although it will probably look like a monkey with an axe did it when I get done! I also don't like it when both front wheels are off the ground.

By the way, don't expect to get re-imbursed by FR Warranty for calibrating the Bigfoot...they say it is a "maintenance issue".
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #4

I did not have any issue doing the calibration myself as I'm always one to redo things so that I know how to do it and it's just the way I like it. Although you would think that it would not be so far out of calibration when you receive the vehicle. As for the front wheels, I have not heard or seen anything that it would be detrimental to the RV to have them off he ground for any short period of time (few days to a week or so). If I was going to level it for any extended period of time I would probably try to make should there were supported and not hanging just so the exposed shock area's would not rust. This is also true for the levelers. If I was going to need to have it level for more than a two weeks, I would probably get some screw jacks to do the job.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:37 PM   #5

I had the same problem with my 3051S just bought in June

when the front tires are off the ground is not good either find a more level site or do what I did buy lego blocks drive on them then activate your bigfoot . you will have a slight forward tip so the a/c condensation will drip forward on the drivers side

Having fun in our Forester Gump (2015 3051S forester)
gizmo98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, door, roo