Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
Senior Members

bathroom faucet pressure

We have a brand new 3010DS and we are on our first trip with it. When we first hooked up to city water the water pressure was great. Now the bathroom faucets is like hardly any pressure at all. The kitchen faucets are fine as is the shower both inside and outside. Has anyone experienced this problem, if so what was your solution. Thanks.
Butch & Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #2

Try unscrewing the aeration screen at the end of the faucet...might have some junk in the line from assembly blocking it?
rad_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #3
Senior Members

I tried to unscrew the aeration, but these cheap faucets don't allow that, so I just pulled the screen off but to no avail the water pressure is still very low. Thanks anyway!
Old 02-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #4

Need more data. Are both the cold and hot weak flow? If it is just one line my first thought would be to drain the fresh tank, leave the drain open, and shoot compressed air in the reverse direction in case a peice of trash is reducing the flow. Are the lines frozen?
Is this condition occuring on city and internal water?

If all else fails run the coach over to my house and we fix'er up. Go to ATL and turn right... If you get lost just ask anybody...
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
Senior Members

Both hot and cold lines are affected. We are down by south padre island in Texas at a RV resort and connected to city water. We had great water pressure for a month in the bathroom faucets. The water pressure in the kitchen and shower (both inside and outside) has been great. When we first got to the RV resort we dewinterized so the lines were never frozen. Since I am not about to go north for some time, come on down to some nice weather and we can discuss over some beers! Thanks
Old 02-19-2015, 05:48 PM   #6

What a puzzle... Both the hot and cold are weak stream on only one single facet. The facet has two seperate valves. I would throw 15 gallons in the fresh water tank, turn off the city water, and re test. Is there a slide any where near the lines, a pinch maybe?
Also, do you have a pressure guage on it, and what does it read?

I'll email my boss and leave him a message. I will tell him that a service call came in after work, and as we all know the customer comes first. I hooking up the toad as we speak.

I may have to give HR a note when I return....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:08 PM   #7

Butchs,do youself a Big favor,go to (Lowes/HD) and buy a Single lever vanity faucet. Peerless comes to mind Part # P 138lf-m,38.46$ Lifetime Warr. Youroo!! EZ install also!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #8

OP, by chance does your city water cut in at/immediately near the lavatory faucet plumbing? I'm not at all familiar with your coach. I ask because I once encountered a plumbing arrangement like this that required a check so that when pumping from the freshwater tank the water was not forced our the city water inlet. Well, someone at the factory oriented the check wrong in the line and it restricted flow to the lavatory faucet. A thought to explore.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:42 AM   #9

No more Plastic fixtures,smooth as silk! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4090.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	69919  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchs View Post
We have a brand new 3010DS and we are on our first trip with it. When we first hooked up to city water the water pressure was great. Now the bathroom faucets is like hardly any pressure at all. The kitchen faucets are fine as is the shower both inside and outside. Has anyone experienced this problem, if so what was your solution. Thanks.
Sounds like an obstuction lodged in the faucet itself. Otherwise, the hot or cold would have different flow rates. I agree that you should change the faucet out since your unable to clear the obstuction. Let us know what the solution turns out to be. Thanks
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #11
Senior Members

The wife was able to get the aeration to unscrew (guess I was trying to turn it the wrong way) lefty loosey righty tighty. Once that was off the water flow was back to normal. At the factory they had put 5 screens in for the aeration. THANKS for all the help from everyone! Now back to enjoying the nice warm weather down here in Texas.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #12

Was there some crud in the screen? Which would explain why it worked when you first hooked up then slowed down pressure after.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #13
Senior Members

Yes there was some stuff also around all the screens.

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Old 02-20-2015, 10:21 PM   #14

Remove all screens but one. I did that and was ok for a while. When the little knobs started to crack and fall apart, I changed it out. There is a blog on it somewhere. You might as well swap it out. You will eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to B and B
One screen to remember is the one on the pump intake. Any plastic shaving are caught here from the tank, also some sediment if the water has lots suspended particles in it.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #16

Same problem - same solution . . .

I had the no-flow problem in our bathroom sink as well. We have a 2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS that's just come out of its 2nd winter here in the Charlotte area. When I began to check everything out for our first outing I discovered a zero flow condition (both hot and cold) in the bathroom sink. Everything else was fine. I determined that the shower and the john were supplied by the same plumbing. No valves or backflow devices separating them. I lamely tried to unscrew the faucet flow screen but was afraid I'd snap off the faucet it's so flimsy. Then I found this post and gave it a little more torque. Sure enough, clogged with small bits of tubing sawdust and other junk. Cleaned it out and it flows like a champ. I still like the idea of replacing the faucet thogh. But we're thinking about upgrading to a diesel pusher and going full time.

I also discovered that the outside shower fixture is in the OS in the O/S wall under the sink. And much to my horror there is absolutely no insulation between it and the inside of the trailer - two large gaping holes where the O/S shower hose pokes through. No wonder DW complains about drafts in the bath and bedroom! Got's figure out a way to correct that??

Old 03-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtreible View Post
I had the no-flow problem in our bathroom sink as well. We have a 2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS that's just come out of its 2nd winter here in the Charlotte area. When I began to check everything out for our first outing I discovered a zero flow condition (both hot and cold) in the bathroom sink. Everything else was fine. I determined that the shower and the john were supplied by the same plumbing. No valves or backflow devices separating them. I lamely tried to unscrew the faucet flow screen but was afraid I'd snap off the faucet it's so flimsy. Then I found this post and gave it a little more torque. Sure enough, clogged with small bits of tubing sawdust and other junk. Cleaned it out and it flows like a champ. I still like the idea of replacing the faucet thogh. But we're thinking about upgrading to a diesel pusher and going full time.

I also discovered that the outside shower fixture is in the OS in the O/S wall under the sink. And much to my horror there is absolutely no insulation between it and the inside of the trailer - two large gaping holes where the O/S shower hose pokes through. No wonder DW complains about drafts in the bath and bedroom! Got's figure out a way to correct that??
Stuff some wads of aluminum foil to fill the large gaps and then top it off with some expanding foam from Home Depot or Lowes.

GREAT STUFF 16 oz. Gaps and Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant-162848 - The Home Depot

Tags
faucet, pressure, roo