Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #1

Batteries

Does anyone know what brand of batteries they are putting in the Sunseekers - ours is a 2018 2290S - they are 12V but no manufacturers name on them & we are having issues with them holding charge - just say manufactured in Dec. 2017
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #2

First thing that comes to mind...is the battery disconnect on or off. On these units you get no charge if the battery is disconnected.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
Coach

I agree to check and make sure your battery is charging first of all. I believe dealers usually install the batteries, so the brand is a variable.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyduo View Post
I agree to check and make sure your battery is charging first of all. I believe dealers usually install the batteries, so the brand is a variable.
The OP is talking about a Motorhome, which does come with a factory installed battery.
Unless the OP bought it used and the selling dealer replaced it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #5

While it probably doesn't matter what 'brand' your batteries are, the question is really one of 'why' do you suspect that they are not holding a charge properly? What symptoms are you experiencing, and what amount of usage/time are you expecting them to provide?

Do you also have an Inverter?
How are they being charged?

Batteries are really quite resiliant... it's doubtful that at only a year old they would actually be any problem.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #6

battery switch is on! Have had trailer for years and years and never had this issues with new batteries before. Basically always had Interstate batteries. Even when these are fully charged and then tested, they are telling us they need to be charged. They came with the motorhome from the factory according to our dealer - unit ordered so brand new in April.
I am taking them in tomorrow to have checked by a battery place.
*to answer one of the questions, they show lots of charge in them and next morning they are down to nothing - only item operating if gas/co monitor. Being charged with 40 watt solar panel and also generator.
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #7

Here's a quick and easy way to possibly find the problem. Since you say they are discharging overnight I assume nothing should be turned on but it's possible something unknown is operating. My first impression is the tank heater. Since you're in Canada it's logical to assume it's cold enough to activate the heater.

Check that first. If it's off then put a voltmeter on the chassis battery. Then, remove and replace each 12 volt fuse, one at a time. If you see a voltage change when you remove a fuse then it's highly likely you have found the problem.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:39 PM   #8

no shore?

Wonder if the solar and gen are not engaged long enough? I would suggest an over night cycle on shore power.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries