Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #1

Bedroom window in 3010 Sunseeker

Has anyone covered their back bedroom window? I like the amount of light that comes in during the day, but dislike the fact that the bed is so visible. I would like to find something that allows the light to come in and let's us look out, but does not allow others to see in.

Thanks,

Shirley
Old 09-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #2

A dark tint works great on ours. Extremely difficult to see in during the day, but lets in plenty of light. You can also order a screen from Magne Shade to cover the rear window.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #3

Back bedroom window

We found a lot of light came in both of the bedroom windows in our 3050S a couple of years ago in Florida when the sun came up each morning.I bought one panel of a dark brown room darkening curtain and I attached Velcro dots to it and used this to attach along the top of the window ledge.We leave it in place all the time and it stays well.I noticed today how much hot sun is kept out by this in combination with the blinds already there.For the tiny window beside the bed I found a nice quality hand towel in similar colours to our decor and attached Velcro to this the same way.This seems to be working well for us and not a lot of expense.
Hope it helps you,
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #4

dark night

I am a cave sleeper, dark and cold. DW went to wallyworld and bought some material that drastically reduces the light while complementing the interior colors, cocoa I think... She made "blackout" curtains for all but the over cab side windows with a run of velcro across the top of each. I took the staple gun and fastened the velcro mate under each valance while under her direct and constant They go up in abount 15 seconds per windown, and pull down quickly.

For the cab over windows we leave foam window blocks in all of the time (posted in my albums). We also put a curtain on the door window....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:41 PM   #5

Good ideas; however, we're thinking Shirley wants to be able to see out during the day, but have privacy at the same time.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:02 PM   #6

As Skip suggested, a dark tint would work well, only have to have it applied once , no taking on/off. What was the line in the Ronco commercial, Set it and forget it!!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #7
Citrus County, Fl.

I bought a big roll of reflextix (sp) from Lowes and put it up with Velcro on the back window. I think it is 24" wide and 30' long. I will make more for the side windows and can put up or take down as needed. They really cut out the heat too.

My plan is to get dark tint also but we were camping when I went to lowes.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
I bought a big roll of reflextix (sp) from Lowes and put it up with Velcro on the back window. I think it is 24" wide and 30' long. I will make more for the side windows and can put up or take down as needed. They really cut out the heat too.

My plan is to get dark tint also but we were camping when I went to lowes.
We put reflectix between the windows and shades, too, when it's super hot out, but when we're not against the sun, and with lower temps, the tint works great.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #9

Sun seeker back window

We had limo tint put on ,a little pricy we paid $100.00 ish for the one window to put on. They did a perfect job . You can see perfectly day and nite from inside. You can not see in day or nite... So we no longer feel we are on stage ha ha
Tuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckie View Post
We had limo tint put on ,a little pricy we paid $100.00 ish for the one window to put on. They did a perfect job . You can see perfectly day and nite from inside. You can not see in day or nite... So we no longer feel we are on stage ha ha
Interesting! Didn't know it existed -- thought it was just a special window.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #11

Cool Sunseeker window

We would have gotten a better price if we did all windows at once ,kinda wish we would have. So if you decide to do it and any tint place for cars and trucks can,you should consider doing all...
Tuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo, sunseeker