Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #1

Big foot control box

Has anyone found a great spot to mount the Bigfoot control box that they would like to share and if the box is disconnected for a minute at the wireing connection will I have to reset leveler system from scratch Thanks
Old 01-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #2

Not that I think it is a great place but some manufacturers mount it in the step well area. I don't think I ever saw another RV but FR who puts the control on a tether. I much prefer having it portable so I can be outside watching whats happening. IMO it is the only way you can safely (not my safety but to monitor and detect any chassis twisting) use the manual mode. In auto mode sometimes a jack may end up not supporting much or a fraction of an inch off the ground. You should adjust that jack by going to manual which you can do much easier if you can watch what's happening. Big Foot also makes a wireless control which would be even better.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #3

I had the system installed aftermarket by Quadra in Michigan.

I wanted them to put the control on the dash by the drivers left knee. They refused. Said it would stick out. In an accident, my knee could jam into it. Probably a legal thing. They ended up putting the control on a tether under the drivers seat.

I saw in another post that Bclemens said they will start putting the control in the entry way.

After a couple years of use, I like the control nearby the drivers seat. About 2 to 3 times a year, I get the warning beep for not fully retracted. It seems that at least one of the jacks crept down some. From reading various forums, it sounds like I'm not alone with this happening. With the control under my seat, I can easily / quickly grab it & hit the emergency retract button for a few seconds which solves the problem. That wouldn't be as easy if the control was further away.

Just my 2 cents...
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #4

Control box

This is my first class c and the first where it was not mounted just seems to cause clutter. I have keep kept it behind the seat but it is just not organized as I like but I guess I will have to live with it
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #5

I have a Sunseeker 3010. The box is located under the drivers seat with Velcro to stick it to the seat support. As mentioned above I also get the beeping when starting the vehicle occasionally. If the box looses power you will have to recalibrate it to auto level.
kswing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
Love My Sunseeker

Mine got mounted under the driver's seat.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 PM   #7

Tired of always stuffing this under the seat. Thinking about the wireless upgrade. Has anyone done this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1422412299.952459.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	68944

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #8

That's a thought but it looks like it takes away the auto mode but simply plug in reciever at harness at control box but I didn't verify that it will work on my system but it will on manual system Thanks for the info