Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
They put a heat shield over the furnace control board or the Bigfoot control board? And ran a new separate 12v line to furnace or Bigfoot? I have this issue and want to give your remedy a try
They put the heat shield over the control module for the Bigfoot not the furnace and not the keypad. And ran a new power wire to the Bigfoot module.

Haven't opened it up yet to look at it to take a picture. Will try and post when I do.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #42

Thanks so much.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #43

Just took these pics, he actually covered both module and touch pad.... trying to get pictures on here arrrrggghhh
Old 12-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #44

Trying again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171206_131129.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	157746   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171206_131217.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	157747  
Old 01-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACJC View Post
They put the heat shield over the control module for the Bigfoot not the furnace and not the keypad. And ran a new power wire to the Bigfoot module.

Haven't opened it up yet to look at it to take a picture. Will try and post when I do.
We are still fighting with Forest River and our dealer to get ours fixed. Forest River definitely knows there is a problem. ACJC is the fix they did to yours still working? Our dealer tried running the wire to the battery but it didn't change anything. I'm not sure what heat shield looks like so I don't know what I am looking for in the pictures you posted. Could you be so kind as to educate me? This is getting really frustrating. Also, do you know the name of the person at Forest River that has been helping?

Thanks,
pcryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #46
KnC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcryer View Post
We are still fighting with Forest River and our dealer to get ours fixed. Forest River definitely knows there is a problem. ACJC is the fix they did to yours still working? Our dealer tried running the wire to the battery but it didn't change anything. I'm not sure what heat shield looks like so I don't know what I am looking for in the pictures you posted. Could you be so kind as to educate me? This is getting really frustrating. Also, do you know the name of the person at Forest River that has been helping?

Thanks,
Ours is at the dealer as well (been there since mid November for very minor fixes but that's another story). Anyway, we've asked them to install a heat shield for this issue as well. Like PCRYER stated, the name of the person at Forest River would be a good item to know if needed.

2017 Sunseeker 2860 DSF
2016 Harley-Davidson FLHTK

Nights camped: 2016-6, 2017-32, 2018 - 21 2019-21
KnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:11 AM   #47

I dealt with the dealer we bought the rv from not FR. the shield is just the metal covering over the module and panel. The tech that did the work stated running the wire didn't help. I tested it at pick up and haven't used it since as we winterized it and it is covered with 6" of snow on it. It's supposed to warm up this week and I will try to check it on Sunday and let you know.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #48

In all the posts above I may have missed it, but were the house batteries tested? I chased gremlins with the big foot and a roof mount king satt dish (12volt) after year 3. Kept losing satt programing for directtv and the big foot was generating the simular weird habit noted above. Went to Costco and picked up two new house batts and all is now well for over six months. I went to move one of the old batts to the trolling motor on the boat and had problems, the local auto parts store tested both batts and found one with a bad cell. Also note that on some models (like mine) the bigfoot control box and connector is under the driver seat and may need to be re-plugged in. I have on occasion found it bumped loose. Bottom line if the jacks are up on the prep flight go and enjoy, hope you get it de bugged....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #49

Does this problem plague everybody? Or just specific models?