Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #1

Bigfoot jack mounts.

Anyone knows the serial number where they started preinstalling the mounting plates for the Bigfoot jacks on the 3170DS units at the factory?
zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #2

ok I know my 3120ds does not have the pads mounted.. getting them welding on tomorrow.. can anyone share a picture on where the factory mounts the pump bracket? I know it should be drivers side on the inside but a quick pick would sure be nice please.. does not have to be a 3120 but any new FR.

Thanks..
Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #3

i have a 2011 3170ds and if you have the bigfoot system with the 4 power units the 2 rear ones are mounted behind jacks using the same mount plate as the jack. the front 2 power units are mounted inside the frame on the drivers side. did not have time to measure or take pictures but for reference marks they are right behind cross member or looking at drive shaft between the hanger bearings. hope this helps
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #4

Sorry,, I have a 2012 3120ds with no jacking system at all.. i'm installing the bigfoot EZ ( one pump 4 jacks) system my self.. I just need to know where to have the mounting plate for the single pump welded.. I kind of know about where it should be but wanted to see exactly where they go.. from what I understand the new class C all come with all the jack mounts already installed from the factory if you get the leveling system or not..

thanks..
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #5

I have a 2012 3120 with the factory installed big foot jacks. It is a 4 pump system so there are pumps at each corner. The front pumps are bolted up using holes in the frame just ahead of the cylinder bracket. The rears are bolted to the same bracket as the jack cylinders. Not sure if Ford or FR specifies the locations but in the front I think they should have been installed about 3-4 inches further forward so 13 inch stroke cylinders could be used. The 11 inchers severely limit the effectiveness of the system.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
I have a 2012 3120 with the factory installed big foot jacks. It is a 4 pump system so there are pumps at each corner. The front pumps are bolted up using holes in the frame just ahead of the cylinder bracket. The rears are bolted to the same bracket as the jack cylinders. Not sure if Ford or FR specifies the locations but in the front I think they should have been installed about 3-4 inches further forward so 13 inch stroke cylinders could be used. The 11 inchers severely limit the effectiveness of the system.
I have the locations for the jacks.. it's the single pump that needs to be mounted some ware in the middle of the coach to supply all jacks.. but you may have answered a question, if they only use the auto system this bracket would not be used and would not be installed..
Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #7

OK, Just wondering what is the stroke of your front cylinders? After some research I think I would have preferred the single pump system. The four pump system has more equipment that could fail and I have already had two units develop leaks.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #8

as for location of the single power unit the biggest factor is going to be the length of hose and wire they sent in the kit as long as every thing reaches you can mount it wherever you want.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #9

ATV they sold me the 12" for the front and 14" for the rear.. the leading edge is 7 1/4" from the front body mount pretty much center the cab doors.. and yes that was one of the reasons for going the one pump system.. looks much simpler for sure..

Ibrunning agree on the hose factor.. they give extra for that reason i'm thinking..
Old 04-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
Commercial Member

We don't use a single pump system from the factory, so we would not have a factory location for it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #11

zook sounds like you have things covered but if you have any problems post them up.i run a hydraulic repair shop and have worked on many dc power units in many different vehicles
Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We don't use a single pump system from the factory, so we would not have a factory location for it.
That's what I figured after ATV replied with his system..