Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #1

bigfoot levelers drop

I have a 3010DS with bigfoot levelers. I had an alarm go off while driving I84 in Pennsylvania this winter. I stopped and did a retract all and could here at least one return to home position, very minimal. My service tech says this is not uncommon in the cold. It was in the teens that morning and the road was really rough. The other day it happened again on a warm summer day on a beat up Vermont road. Is this normal or should I be concerned. It's easy enough to just pull over and hit retract all. To be fair both these roads it happened on were like third world country roads.
kins83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

I would be concerned. I assume you do not know if it was the same jack both times. The problem points to a leaking valve or seal. It most likely will not get better.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #3

I think the bigfoot system has an up sensor on each leg, it may be out of adjustment..
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
I think the bigfoot system has an up sensor on each leg, it may be out of adjustment..
X2, that, fluid level or seal. I'd check the pins on each leg first as they are easily bent. There is at least one thread on the forum that has a link to purchase spare pins, which I did, but not needed so far.
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 07-03-2018, 07:15 AM   #5

I had one of my levelers drop after extended storage. I would start the coach and get a beeping sound from the Bigfoot system. I hit the retract and would hear one come up a bit. This spring one of them would hit the ground but couldn't lift the coach. Took it in to the shop and they replaced two jacks under my extended warranty.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #6
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacklem View Post
I had one of my levelers drop after extended storage. I would start the coach and get a beeping sound from the Bigfoot system. I hit the retract and would hear one come up a bit. This spring one of them would hit the ground but couldn't lift the coach. Took it in to the shop and they replaced two jacks under my extended warranty.
What year is your MH?

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
What year is your MH?
It is a 2014. I took it in spring of last year because of the droop issue but they couldn't duplicate it. It happened a couple other times but was unpredictable. It would go months without happening. Finally it failed to lift the coach.