Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #1

Black Water Flush

I just bought a Sunseeker 3250LE, and the owners manual talks about flushing the black water tank using the tank flush water valve “if installed”. Does anyone know where this valve is located? It’s sad that the manual is so vague about most things I look up.
mcnatprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnatprice View Post
I just bought a Sunseeker 3250LE, and the owners manual talks about flushing the black water tank using the tank flush water valve “if installed”. Does anyone know where this valve is located? It’s sad that the manual is so vague about most things I look up.
Post a pic of your water connections and members here will tell you which is which. Did your seller not explain this?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #3

Many times....but not always, the "Black Tank Flush" is usually located within close proximity of the "City Water Connection" and uses the same type of hose fitting as the City water and are usually labeled Black Flush/ Black Tank Flush.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #4

We didn’t buy it new, so we didn’t get a lot of info. I know where the city hook up is, but it’s the only connection I see except for the sewage connections. I’ll post pictures when I get home.
mcnatprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Here are some common examples

These ports all accept a garden hose and the only valve to be concerned about is the Fullway Termination valve. (commonly called the sewer blade valve)

Leave it open when flushing or water from the black tank flush will fill the black tank and create BIG problems. And if you do close it for a short period of time to partially fill the black tank, DO NOT get distracted!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:21 AM   #6

Black Water Flush

I’ve got a 3050S and the black water flush is on the opposite side of the RV from the sewer hook up for some stupid reason.
ksdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #7

you can accomplish the same thing by simply flushing your toilet for a long while : )

all the outside version does it provide a way to use a hose to put water in the black tank, versus the toilet.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
you can accomplish the same thing by simply flushing your toilet for a long while : )

all the outside version does it provide a way to use a hose to put water in the black tank, versus the toilet.
Yes and no....
Depends on how/where the black tank flush spray port is located in the black tank and it seems they are all different.

On my current R/V, the spray port is on the opposite side of the sewer port valve so it does a good job of 'pushing' the debris out of the tank with the valve open.

On my previous model, it was mounted near the sewer port and pushed as much debris back in the tank as it did flush it out. In that case, I used it mainly as a fill port and let the large quantity of liquid 'woosh' it out, similar to your using the toilet to fill the tank analogy.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #9

Cool Black tank flush problems... water inside coach but not tank

Hi, I have had my Sunseeker for about 3 years now, I usually dump a five gallon bucket of water in toilet to flush when I'm out and about. Decided to try the tank flush this time... I hooked up the hose and turned on the water. I had nothing in the tank as I just cleaned it. I went inside to look in the toilet and to check the fill level with the intention of filling it some since I am not able to open drain valve (no water at storage area so brought it home with intentions of draining it at storage area next). While flushing I saw water all over bathroom floor and none in toilet - quickly shut water off and decided to just clean mess and return camper to storage lot. I opened the front door of my RV (sprinter class) and water flooded out from step well!! I think I dried up all the mess but WTH - I've read some blogs saying the black flush tank inlet valve is possibly installed improperly - any ideas how to fix this? I called Forest River but manager is out temporarily.
Thanks, Kate
hifromkate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, flush, saunseeker, sunseeker, water