Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
Senior Members

Blank tank flush

I have a black tank flush option on my 3010DS. Can someone explain what this option has to do with the black water tank?

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Butch & Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #2

What it does is allow you to flush out residual material from the tank in order to keep it clean and hopefully odor free.
Having the flush means if done right you have no need to buy a tank wand and clean the tank out from inside the bathroom.

https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=ww&...+cleaning+wand

Just keep water and what ever chemical you use in the tank when in use, keep the tank drain valve closed and allow the tank to be 2/3-3/4 full before dumping.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:08 PM   #3

It's a nice option and works well. Best practice is to flush it after dumping with the drain valve open. I find it works great for getting paper residue out and actually keeps my sensors fairly accurate.

Don't forget the black tank flush when winterizing. I run 40 psi of air in and also add some antifreeze with a hand pump.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #4

I was a little skeptical of how good this thing was going to work. So after I drained the black tank, I hooked up the water hose and turned it on. With the tank valve open, I let it run for a minuter or so. I was thinking this isn't really going to do much. Well, once the water started coming out, I was amazed at how much "stuff" came out with it. Jerry.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:13 PM   #5

Using one of these will help you visually check how clean the water is coming out when using the black tank flush.
RV Hydro Flush 45 Degree - Valterra F02-4100 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry01 View Post
I was a little skeptical of how good this thing was going to work. So after I drained the black tank, I hooked up the water hose and turned it on. With the tank valve open, I let it run for a minuter or so. I was thinking this isn't really going to do much. Well, once the water started coming out, I was amazed at how much "stuff" came out with it. Jerry.
Well, I used mine today and did some testing. After draining the black water tank, I used the OEM black water flush and just more relatively clear water came out. Then, I went inside the rig and filled the toilet bowl with water and dumped the whole bowl. Went outside and found some nasty solids had come out of the hose when i had power flushed it by filling the bowl. Then, I took my old fashioned rotating wand attached to the hose and did the old style flush. Nothing but clear water when I did that. This is in a 3100 SS model where the toilet appears to be directly over the black water tank. Other models may vary.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank