Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2019, 02:01 PM   #1

Cable for TV location 3051s

I have a 2017 3051s and I'm trying to figure out where all the internal cable TV connections are. I tried doing a search but end up in different forums. I'm starting to have picture issues and want to tighten all connectors. Plus not getting HD. Please don't ask about the antenna booster button. Just concerned with my model motorhome locations.
Worked fine all winter but started acting up the more potholes I hit coming home.
Thanks for any help.
Tomban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #2

The only places I can think of are at each TV, at the external coax connection left rear side near the main power connector, and in the top cabinet, far left side. You'll need to remove each connection box cover to check the fitting. If the problem is on all the TVs I'd start at the upper cabinet. Remove the cover on the box that has the cable/air button. Don't forget the outside TV. A single loose fitting at any TV at the source/input coax connection can possibly cause the problem at other TVs but that's rare.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:18 PM   #3

Thanks but

So your saying the cable runs from the outside connector to the panel up on the passenger side where the antenna booster button is at to a distribution box and back out to the three TV's correct?
Old 04-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomban View Post
So your saying the cable runs from the outside connector to the panel up on the passenger side where the antenna booster button is at to a distribution box and back out to the three TV's correct?
Correct.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #5

The plate with the ant/ able switch is the power injector. It also switches between the OTA antenna input and the park cable input. The coax from the park cable connector on the outside of the coach goes directly to the power injector. The power injector has 2 outputs for TV’s the one on the front and 1 of the 3 connections on the rear. The 3 connection on the rear is for the OTA antenna, it provides 12volts to power the amp in the antenna head and passes the OTA signal from the antenna to the 2 TV outputs when the switch in in the OTA mode (led on).

If the reception is good from from the OTA and bad from park cable check the cable from the outside to the power injector.
If it is bad from both then check the connections on the 2 TV outputs. If only the front TV is having issues then it is the connection on the front of the power injector.
If it is the bedroom and outside TV check the TV 2 output on the rear of the power injector.

There is also a splitter between the TV 2 output and the outside and bedroom TV’s. I am unsure of it’s location. Most likely at the bedroom or outside TV antenna plate.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #6

Thank you so much

That's perfect, just what I was looking for. Now I have to find a place to hook up to cable and start testing. Might have to go to a campground darn.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #7

When you say cable are you referring to coax cable or are you talking about the cable input for park cable. If just for cable input for park cable, remember that the coax cable within your unit is the same for OTH and park cable input. If OTH is good that should eliminate all the coax cable except the one feed from the park cable input to the booster power panel. This is predicated on all TV's having the issue. Just a thought.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:22 PM   #8

Cable

I have s 3011ds and what I found that try and trace your cables. My cables left the amp and went down to the back of my cabinets were the sink was and then around to the bedroom to the closet at the back and up to my tv. I found at the kitchen drawers a 2 way splitter that was hooked up wrong and killed my tv in the back. I would have great signal one time and bad the next. I will try and send you a drawing on mine .it may help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_12_18 15-28-41.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	201989   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_12_18 15-27-44.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	201990  
joel ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel ritchie View Post
I have s 3011ds and what I found that try and trace your cables. My cables left the amp and went down to the back of my cabinets were the sink was and then around to the bedroom to the closet at the back and up to my tv. I found at the kitchen drawers a 2 way splitter that was hooked up wrong and killed my tv in the back. I would have great signal one time and bad the next. I will try and send you a drawing on mine .it may help.
Joel,

Where did you get the schematics? Would make it easier for me to figure out my set up!
West Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #10

Cable

i got these from forest river. Do you have a dish .i have others . If you can tell me a little more about what your c has maybe I have the right one for you. If you look on the drawings it is for all class c. Like I said mine is a 3011ds. I don’t think there is not that much difference.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel ritchie View Post
i got these from forest river. Do you have a dish .i have others . If you can tell me a little more about what your c has maybe I have the right one for you. If you look on the drawings it is for all class c. Like I said mine is a 3011ds. I don’t think there is not that much difference.
I have a 2015 3051 with Dish and rear TV and no outside one.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #12

Cable

look at this . I think this one will be close , just remove the outside tv. The only diff in mine I have 2 slides and you have one big slide. Like I said for the other person was you just have to look around. A guy told me that if there is a panel with screws in it look behind it that’s what I did. My cable input is on the driver side .look under your bed and I bet your cable comes through there on it’s way to the amp. Near your amp or a little way from there you will find a 2 way splitter. Make sure the out to tv is out. On mine they put the in on the out drove me crazy. Do you have a outside over the air tv antenna.These drawing are generic so you just have to dig. Let me know if this help. I can still try and give you some ideas . I installed radio and satellite dishes and all kinds of other things. Time I think I’m 150 years old with all the stuff I have done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_12_18 15-28-41.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	202079  
Old 04-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #13

One thing I found out in the bedroom TV is that the 12v outlet ground was loose and was mess with that TV
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #14

I removed both tv’s and replaced with a Samsung with ac plug. What is the logic for the 12 volt?
Old 04-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #15

Cable

Boondocking
Old 04-19-2019, 09:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cactus View Post
I removed both tv’s and replaced with a Samsung with ac plug. What is the logic for the 12 volt?
Don’t have to run the generator. I’ve done 85 overnights in the past seven months and the general still has less than 25 hours.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #17
Kanadian Kamper

Might have to go to a campground darn.[/QUOTE]

We all feel your pain....especially us who can’t get out yet.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, cable, cat, forester, location