Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 08:10 PM   #1

Cable question

Hi, we recently bought a 2016 Sunseeker 2400R. In the area over the door there is what appears to be a cable input/output port. When I asked the service guy about it during the walk through he told me it was there to hook up the TV in the bunk area over the cab. Well after a short investigation I realized he was completely wrong as that TV was already hooked up to cable. What is that port for? I actually hooked up a TV to it and ran a channel scan and no channels were received. If it is for cable how do I make it work, I know I'm missing something and I can find it in any of the paperwork we got with the unit. Thanks in advance for any info.
vet51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #2

On my unit that same area provides the TV signal for the TV over the bunk. The signal come from the antenna on the roof and is over the air TV.
There is a cable that can be hooked up to a camp ground connection but I have never used it. The TV would need to be set for cable or over the air signal to match the imput before doing the channel scan for proper working.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:16 AM   #3

Does it also have an hdmi port nearby. It may be the satalite prewire.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #4

I have a 2016 3010DS with the same thing. The hdmi goes to your tv, the coax comes from your cable/satellite hookup. I plugged a blu-ray player into it (had to temporarily remove the radio to run the power cord to the plug in the cabinet). It can be used to plug in a satillite box or a cable box from a camp ground.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #5

Cable runs to roof top for satellite dish

If you go up on the roof near the antenna, you should find the other end. It was pre-installed for a satellite dish/ receiver configuration. I have the Trekker cap and coax port is located inside the cabinet behind my TV

If you also have the King Jack TV antenna, you should find a power switch for the antenna somewhere. with the power on, your tv's get a signal from the antenna. with the power off, the signal comes from the cable tv jack outside. In the Sunseekers case the connection is next to the cabin door.

ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable