Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2020, 03:44 PM   #1

Cable Television not connecting

Have just received my motorhome back from a long time back at the factory getting numerous repairs. It all started with a leak in the roof from a bad solar panel install on my 2020 Forester (with the outdoor kitchen). They put on a new roof, new cap, complete passenger side panel, two refrigerators, microwave, ... A lot of things that I am grateful for the repairs.

This past weekend I got to finally go back out for an extended weekend, only my fifth trip ever in my year plus of ownership. At 65 maybe I am too old to be able to keep up with every little thing that keeps breaking, this forum has already got me through a lot and I was feeling good about myself. But now I am stuck, the cable that worked before the major repair does not work anymore when connected (and yes I tested it on one Television and I did have the antennae booster turned off). All three televisions are connected to the cable coming out of the wall and into the connector with the booster. I took that off to see the connection there. Also each television can get OTA channels with the booster on. So with all the repairs it may be possible that the factory did not run the cable from the back to this connection correctly. Does anyone know what else I can look for where there may be a splitter or something. Cable is not that important, but one would like it to work.

Secondly, there was a connection from the main living room television to the outside television that one could play the DVD player and see the movie on both televisions with the outside speakers playing the movie as well. The connection is still on the outdoor television, but not on the inside television, again some help on where those wires from the outdoor television go so, I can try to connect like it was wired originally.

The factory told me I could just contact a Forest River authorized dealership and this can all be covered by warranty, how nice. No dealership in the Akron/Cleveland Ohio area will return calls or if I do talk will not take on any new warranty work at this time.

All I want is my motorhome working, I am not afraid to do some of the work but I hate to rip apart the insides if it is not going to solve the problem.

If anyone knows an independent RV repairman in the northeast Ohio area that is authorized by Forest River, maybe that could help me.

Thanks to all those who have helped me and will help again, this is a great forum.

Jim and Roberta
JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePa77 View Post
Have just received my motorhome back from a long time back at the factory getting numerous repairs. It all started with a leak in the roof from a bad solar panel install on my 2020 Forester (with the outdoor kitchen). They put on a new roof, new cap, complete passenger side panel, two refrigerators, microwave, ... A lot of things that I am grateful for the repairs.

This past weekend I got to finally go back out for an extended weekend, only my fifth trip ever in my year plus of ownership. At 65 maybe I am too old to be able to keep up with every little thing that keeps breaking, this forum has already got me through a lot and I was feeling good about myself. But now I am stuck, the cable that worked before the major repair does not work anymore when connected (and yes I tested it on one Television and I did have the antennae booster turned off). All three televisions are connected to the cable coming out of the wall and into the connector with the booster. I took that off to see the connection there. Also each television can get OTA channels with the booster on. So with all the repairs it may be possible that the factory did not run the cable from the back to this connection correctly. Does anyone know what else I can look for where there may be a splitter or something. Cable is not that important, but one would like it to work.

Secondly, there was a connection from the main living room television to the outside television that one could play the DVD player and see the movie on both televisions with the outside speakers playing the movie as well. The connection is still on the outdoor television, but not on the inside television, again some help on where those wires from the outdoor television go so, I can try to connect like it was wired originally.

The factory told me I could just contact a Forest River authorized dealership and this can all be covered by warranty, how nice. No dealership in the Akron/Cleveland Ohio area will return calls or if I do talk will not take on any new warranty work at this time.

All I want is my motorhome working, I am not afraid to do some of the work but I hate to rip apart the insides if it is not going to solve the problem.

If anyone knows an independent RV repairman in the northeast Ohio area that is authorized by Forest River, maybe that could help me.

Thanks to all those who have helped me and will help again, this is a great forum.

Jim and Roberta
Irvines little Hocking Ohio
poddy47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:41 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback.
JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, television