Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2022, 10:13 PM   #1
beginer

Can't find water pump pressure regulator.

In my 2019 Sunseeker there was a water leak on the floor. Аfter my search, it turned out that water was flowing from under the bed from the water pressure regulator.

The problem is that I can't find where to buy this regulator to replace it. This regulator is in the pipe that sends water to the toilet. When you open the water in the sink in the kitchen or in the toilet, the water is not crowded anywhere, but when you open it for the toilet, then a whole fountain comes out from under the cover of this regulator.

I attached photos of this item and I even have name and Serial NO: WDR - 29088146, but unable to found this part.

Or some other regulator that could replace this one. The main thing is that the pipe thread fits and it has the same function.

Please help on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water pressure regulator1.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	279990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water pressure regulator2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	279991  
rushhohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 03:34 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Combi

Your title is misleading. The regulator you seek is for your Combi and not your water pump.

The part you need is 36503-01 however it appears to be a rare bird.

You might try this:
In case you encounter any problems, please contact the Truma Service Center at 855-558-7862 or one of our authorized service partners. For details see: RV Water Heaters & Furnaces | Truma North America
Please have the model number and serial number (on furnace’s type plate) handy when you call.

or

Phone: +1 (855) 558-7862

Truma Corp
2800 Harman Dr
Elkhart, IN 46514
USA

If that does not work and you want to be creative you can look at regulators for irrigation systems like a Rain Bird, Hendrickson or Senninger but I think those are 3/4” so you will need reducers.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:14 AM   #3
beginer

Thank you. This is why I unable to found by looking for "water pump regulator".

I found Truma Water Pressure Regulator JG
Truma B14, Combi 2E/4E & Combi Spare Part at http://www.caravanrvcamping.com.au/t...e-regulator-jg

It looks like I need.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:12 AM   #4
beginer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post

Look everywhere and it's sold out. Found in Georgia, but there is a big list of sizes.

https://www.caiyou123.ga/ProductDeta...87870&pr=57.88

Looks like I need US12
Old 10-04-2022, 02:00 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Red Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhohol View Post
Look everywhere and it's sold out. Found in Georgia, but there is a big list of sizes.

https://www.caiyou123.ga/ProductDeta...87870&pr=57.88

Looks like I need US12
I suggest you exercise extreme caution in your quest. .ga is not Georgia it is Gabon, a virtual nest of phishing scams registered for free.

The sizes you reference in your link are SHOE SIZES! EU-46 = Mens size 12 here.

My suggestion is that you call the number I gave you for Truma or send them an e-mail and let them help you or call Forest River customer help and ask them if your local dealer cannot get you the OEM part.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:17 PM   #6
beginer

Quote:
I suggest you exercise extreme caution in your quest. .ga is not Georgia it is Gabon, a virtual nest of phishing scams registered for free.

The sizes you reference in your link are SHOE SIZES! EU-46 = Mens size 12 here.

My suggestion is that you call the number I gave you for Truma or send them an e-mail and let them help you or call Forest River customer help and ask them if your local dealer cannot get you the OEM part.
Very appreciate for your warnings. Yes, I call to that number, but at the Sales option no one picked up and I live the message. Hope anyone will reply.

Also, send email to info@trumacorp.com listed on their site.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:03 PM   #7
clr

This site says that if you order this part that they will have it in stock by Oct 25 https://www.caravansplus.com.au/3402...rs-p-8888.html good luck in your quest.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:25 PM   #8
beginer

Quote:
Your title is misleading. The regulator you seek is for your Combi and not your water pump.

You might try this:
In case you encounter any problems, please contact the Truma Service Center at 855-558-7862 or one of our authorized service partners. For details see: RV Water Heaters & Furnaces | Truma North America
Please have the model number and serial number (on furnace’s type plate) handy when you call.

or

Phone: +1 (855) 558-7862

Truma Corp
2800 Harman Dr
Elkhart, IN 46514
USA

If that does not work and you want to be creative you can look at regulators for irrigation systems like a Rain Bird, Hendrickson or Senninger but I think those are 3/4” so you will need reducers.
I called this number and I spent half of my day to get nothing. My first call I made about 11:00 a.m. so 3 hours differences so it should be like after lunch time in east coast. My first call take a man who asked me what companies I represent. I tell I'm not company I just want to buy for myself and private person. So that man start to say "I can not hear you very well" and disconnected. I keep calling this number this option one to support, but nobody pick up phone I got it again and leave a message. After a few hours I got it to again and again I was connected but person asked me "what company I represent". I say I" want to buy for myself", but he disconnect. After about hour later I get very nice voice lady online she really nicely took all my information. In her explanation I was in understood that water pressure regulator it's only one item they have it I don't need to say any numbers of parts or any else information about.

So she took my information my Visa debit card number and she says we will send me confirmation about the purchase.

I wait I wait but I never get any information. So is it stupidity to order online by phone with people don't understand spelling of words.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:39 PM   #9

I found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/14430496135...Bk9SR9Cq7YT2YA
Old 10-07-2022, 06:32 AM   #10
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
I called this number and I spent half of my day to get nothing. My first call I made about 11:00 a.m. so 3 hours differences so it should be like after lunch time in east coast. My first call take a man who asked me what companies I represent. I tell I'm not company I just want to buy for myself and private person. So that man start to say "I can not hear you very well" and disconnected. I keep calling this number this option one to support, but nobody pick up phone I got it again and leave a message. After a few hours I got it to again and again I was connected but person asked me "what company I represent". I say I" want to buy for myself", but he disconnect. After about hour later I get very nice voice lady online she really nicely took all my information. In her explanation I was in understood that water pressure regulator it's only one item they have it I don't need to say any numbers of parts or any else information about.

So she took my information my Visa debit card number and she says we will send me confirmation about the purchase.

I wait I wait but I never get any information. So is it stupidity to order online by phone with people don't understand spelling of words.
From the cheap seats it appears that you are experiencing sourcing and communication issues. However I also see where you wrote that you were finally able to place an order directly with Truma. Consider that if the person you spoke to did not understand your New York accent, the email confirmation may be lost. If that is the case, your confirmation will be the charge to your card which should already show up as pending. At that point you will have to wait until it arrives all the while hoping they understood your shipping address. So to answer your question; In your situation it may not be a good idea to conduct this type of business by phone. Ordering on-line (not the same as by phone) in a digital environment would likely work better.

Another possibility:
https://www.dripdepot.com/item/hendr...SABEgISffD_BwE
You would likely need a 1/2” nipple to make this work.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:40 AM   #11
beginer

Quote:
From the cheap seats it appears that you are experiencing sourcing and communication issues. However I also see where you wrote that you were finally able to place an order directly with Truma. Consider that if the person you spoke to did not understand your New York accent, the email confirmation may be lost.
I'm Ukrainian who lives in California about 30 year. So my accent would be Californian's and build by communication with a different people. This is why the phone ordering is difficult by understand not only my full name Konstantin (mixed with Spanish name Constantine) but also my city as Citrus Heights. This is why most of online store using web page to get correct information.

The problem is that many Americans still mentally live in the last century when whole America get new technology to communicate with all world's nations who became Americans' citizens. Especially when someone trying to spell my last name which is begins from Tk. I learned about 2 years on how to pronounce McDonalds. So Mc easy from Tk?
Old 10-07-2022, 07:06 AM   #12
beginer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Thank you for this link. I ordered. But it's so weird. It's charging my bank account $52.94 for the price + tax, but the full order price is include additional Canada Post shipping in $19. Will see if they will charge later that shipping cost.

Wondering on why to found and order this tiny peace of part is making me to go this kind of unusual experience. Since I start to take care of my campervan Sunseeker I met the different America.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:56 AM   #13
beginer

Quote:
Consider that if the person you spoke to did not understand your New York accent, the email confirmation may be lost.
Just talk to Truma and it was misspelled my email address. I spell twice surewest.net but it appears swest net. Just got confirmation email about my purchase. Thanks to Samantha Evans to fix this even I wait on phone for over 12 minutes to get this answer. It just because yesterday I never get my order confirmation number and she looked at their database by my name.
By the voice looks like she is very nice Lady.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:04 PM   #14
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
I'm Ukrainian who lives in California about 30 year. So my accent would be Californian's and build by communication with a different people.
I read your posts including your February post stating in the title that you were Ukrainian living in California along with your profile. You can assume that the “New York Accent” comment was a joke ( Жарт ). Hope you get your unit up and running.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:31 PM   #15
beginer

Quote:
You can assume that the “New York Accent” comment was a joke ( Жарт ). Hope you get your unit up and running.
That's missing from me. My English base on the dictionary understandings. I learned it by constantly listening radio and TV and talking to people by practicing. Imagine true what I have been coming 🤪
Old 10-10-2022, 01:57 PM   #16
beginer

Quote:
... you are experiencing sourcing and communication issues. However I also see where you wrote that you were finally able to place an order directly with Truma.

The story continues .... Just call right now by asking on if I receive the order confirmation last week with the price and why they are do not charge my bank account. Wait for this answer about 5-6 minutes by listen music. The answer is that I will receive this item on this following Wednesday, which is good news. But to get answer on why they did not charged my bank account I should wait another minutes on hold (by listen music) by asking other available person when they will answer to me about charging my bank account. I hope by having this kind of experience with Truma I should get this Water Pressure Regulator in Halloween week as a Gift from Truma.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:56 AM   #17
beginer

Thank you to everyone participated and help.

I want to close this conversation by say thank you to everyone who help me to found this item. The Truma item I already have and changed, but from Canada still on the transit. That will be spare item. Thank you.

I provide the photos of my used water pressure regulator. This Truma unit was installed on my RV in 2019 and three years later the gasket began to leak. The photo shows that this particular gasket is not just round, which is very easy to find and replace, but with a special configuration. If I accidentally found to buy a whole regulator, then I understand that the gasket is not sold separately.

And this exactly same story remind to me my another purchase. Ten years ago I have had 2001 BMW 328i coupe with over 75K mileage. I spend a lot of time in the local BMW dealership to fix the oil leak and oil pressure at it's engine. After spend thousands dollars and didn't get help from the dealership shop to fixed this car I start to look on this problem on the internet.

Happens to be all BMW vehicles with this type of engine should be taking care by BMW dealership repair shops to maintain the Vanos System.

"VANOS is a variable valve timing system used by BMW on various automotive petrol engines since 1992. " (Wikipedia)

In my research I found out very serious discussions about Vanos problem on the German's BMW users forum. In my knowledge get information that this Vanos aggregate having guaranty to run over 45K, but the rubber gasket inside of it is just over 30K. I have read testimonies from people who have even talked about lawsuits against the BMW over this particular problem, but no one has ever succeeded in changing the problem.

Imagine that after 35-40K the BMW engine starts to loose internal oil pressure every BMW owner going to local BMW dealership to seek the Help. And they start to charging the customers for changing the gaskets of oil pan or under the cover of engine valve. All BMW dealer's repair shops around the world doing that because of the lack of knowledge or directs sabotaging to extract money from a client. Finally I ordered my local dealership to change the Vanos in my coupe. After that my BMW didn't get pass the SMOG and dialer's mechanics unable to adjust the SMOG to appropriate level. I have to trad-in that my 2001 BMW coupe for 2015 BMW SUV and the dealership gives to me just $1500. Even I paid them to trying to fix this little coupe many more thousands dollars. That was just about to change gasket in Vanos only.

Same is here. Truma's gasket get leak and no one but Truma will fix it. I get it just because of your help. But if I will give my RV to my local RV dealer to fix it I imagine how long it will take and how many money I should pay for the part I just installed by self without any special instruments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221017_044918703~2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	280533   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221017_044758833.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	280534   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221017_041752392.jpg
Views:	38