Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2019, 08:23 PM   #1

Changes noticed on some new 2020 Sunseekers

Today, the wife and I poked around at the “local” RV dealer and noted some “mid-year” 2020 changes to a couple of the Ford based Sunseeker models. I say mid-year, but it’s more like 3 months into the 2020 model year that these changes were noted. We were only able to sample 2 of the new models, so we don’t know what changes might occur across the product line.

On the 2440DS, the oven is gone, and the microwave was put in the oven’s place below the 3 burner cooktop. The large, lower drawer previously below the oven, ideal for pots and pans, shrunk to a much smaller size. No longer is there a range hood/fan that vents through the outside wall. Instead there is a simple metal plate under the above cabinet, with an LED light attached.

On the 3050S, and the 2440DS, the two door refrigerator is now a Magic Chef 10.7 cubic foot, 12 volt only unit. We would surely welcome this added space over our 6 cubic foot absorption refrigerator, but it will be interesting to know how this 12 volt fridge works out over the new few years. I was concerned about compressor noise, but is seemed to be fairly quiet when running. Probably it’s more noticeable while sleeping at night. As it is not an absorption type, the external side and roof vents are also gone.

2019 Forester models came equipped with Hellwig rear sway bar and Bilstein shocks, but Sunseekers did not. I asked Forest River if I could get these suspension items included on my early version 2020 Sunseeker and I was told it would be an additional $1500. I passed on that bad deal and installed the parts myself. However, the latest 2020 E-450 Sunseekers delivered to this dealer did actually have the Hellwig rear sway bar and 4 Bilstein shocks installed, along with stickers on the exterior wall bragging about it.

Other minor changes were new cabinet door/drawer pulls that were very difficult to get a grip on. The kitchen faucet seemed like a more cheaply made item than last year’s. A different brand house radio is now used, but the brand name escapes me at the moment.

We didn’t like the new galley arrangement on the 2440, but the larger refrigerator sure looked nice.

Tags
sunseeker