Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2021, 09:33 PM   #21

I was hoping you didn't call AAA, but boom, there they were, and got him all upright. Ya just never know.
Old 08-31-2021, 11:16 PM   #22

We have the 2861 and changed ours. Much better than the factory couch. Fits perfect and has heat, massage and lighting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0542.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	262045
avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:45 AM   #23

To overcome the height issue with the recliners setting on the elevated slideout platform we purchased exercise step platforms platforms. They are working out well for us.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as down payment for first house
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:34 PM   #24

Power Source for Theater Recliners

[QUOTE=avengers;2627125]We have the 2861 and changed ours. Much better than the factory couch. Fits perfect and has heat, massage and lighting.

Our recliners are too short for my frame, the chairs don't fully recline and the foot rest won't stay up with the weight of my legs, so I'm considering a power recliner replacement. Can't figure out how to get electric power to the chair or what alterations it might take to get a fully reclining chair in place for out Forester 3011DS. The pictures look great, but I'm not sure how all this will come together. Any help you can give us is certainly appreciated.
retcol99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:05 PM   #25

[QUOTE=retcol99;2628532]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengers View Post
We have the 2861 and changed ours. Much better than the factory couch. Fits perfect and has heat, massage and lighting.

Our recliners are too short for my frame, the chairs don't fully recline and the foot rest won't stay up with the weight of my legs, so I'm considering a power recliner replacement. Can't figure out how to get electric power to the chair or what alterations it might take to get a fully reclining chair in place for out Forester 3011DS. The pictures look great, but I'm not sure how all this will come together. Any help you can give us is certainly appreciated.

So the chairs we selected were from Camping world, about 1100-1200 for everything. They are 70” wide. I removed the existing jackknife sofa and bolted down the new recliners along the back rail. The recliners just lip the front edge of the platform. I repurposed the existing front coping from the old sofa since the colors were almost identical. I cut a small hole into the stove/micro cabinet to access power.

For your setup I think there is an outlet in the dinette area. I would drill a hole in the back side so you can run power, your platform looks to be the same depth, so it should fit.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:16 PM   #26
2019 FR puma 39PQB

I removed the jackknife and installed a lazy-boy love seat (two recliners) in it place , I have a width of 59 1/2" and the lazy boy is 60" I got it in there. i also bought new pull handles , installed then between the seats works great.
amx1397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by amx1397 View Post
I removed the jackknife and installed a lazy-boy love seat (two recliners) in it place , I have a width of 59 1/2" and the lazy boy is 60" I got it in there. i also bought new pull handles , installed then between the seats works great.
Thats the same dimensions I have. Did you anchor them and are they in a slide. Do you have a pic? Thanks
KNMIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:37 AM   #28

Avengers,

Really attractive recliners. I looked at the CW recliners and couldn't find anything that looked as good at the price you mentioned or any other price for that matter. They showed the Kathy Ireland line, but they didn't look like anything near the quality of your chairs. Do you remember the brand name? The Recpro models are powered but don't have any of the "massage" capability and cost at least 25% more.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:43 AM   #29

Avengers,

Think you AC power suggestion will work, as we have AC access behind the bulkhead wall just aft of the "u" dinette, with plenty of access thru the dinette to the recliner location. I was also wondering if the chairs use a "step-down" voltage transformer arrangement, (we have a power recliner in our sun room at home, that plugs into our house AC, but is really a 24 Volt motor run through a transformer). Think there would be some advantages if the chairs could run on our house battery circuits with a step-up transformer, so they would be moveable without having shore power/genset running. Just a thought.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:22 AM   #30

i changed my jack knife sofa to these:

Bill

PS: DO NOT get the vinyl covered, the vinyl will peel off...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9079.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	262375   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9390.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	262376   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9391.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	262381  
2005gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by retcol99 View Post
Avengers,

Really attractive recliners. I looked at the CW recliners and couldn't find anything that looked as good at the price you mentioned or any other price for that matter. They showed the Kathy Ireland line, but they didn't look like anything near the quality of your chairs. Do you remember the brand name? The Recpro models are powered but don't have any of the "massage" capability and cost at least 25% more.

I checked the CW site and see they are no longer available. Thomas Payne is available from other vendors thought they look a bit different, still called Seismic. Here is a link to LCI. They have a sale right now too.

https://store.lci1.com/seismic-theat...-millbrae.html

Etrailer lists the same ones we have but much more expensive, they also only show one color. Maybe worth a call to check.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...95-000091.html

I am guessing with the shortages of material the pricing, like everything else has increased.

I did look at the rec pro, but liked the Thomas Payne better.

Power wise I was tempted to run 12 volts to a inverter with a switch for the recliners. They do have a inline transformer. I still may do it in the future. I am also considering a whole unit inverter too.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:50 AM   #32
Going Solo

With all that has been discussed here, I don't see any mention of weight variance between the jackknife sofa and the recliners. Is there a weight difference or a concern of added weight to the RV?
tjwdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:32 AM   #33

looking at RecPro, a typical jackknife is about 115#, a power recliner loveseat sofa like mine is about 210#, a slideout shouldn't be affected.

Bill
2005gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:01 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwdj View Post
With all that has been discussed here, I don't see any mention of weight variance between the jackknife sofa and the recliners. Is there a weight difference or a concern of added weight to the RV?
Yes, there is a weight difference. Usually the factory sofas most are replacing are lighter.

Everyone has to calculate their own difference and factor the added weight into the carry weight of their units.

The same calculation applies to anything added on because it all adds up or down. Mattresses, tow bars, coffee makers, toaster ovens, metal flatware, etc - it all adds up.

Many will weigh their coaches. I haven't but I do keep a spreadsheet to total it all up against the motorhomes carrying capacity. And since I've got 2 slides both on the drivers side along with a generator, I only put light items in the basement storage on that side to keep things balanced. Again, others weigh their units to better understand loading.
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:24 PM   #35

Changing out the sofa

I attend the FROG rally and was able to purchase a 70 inch long sofa with theater seating and beverage holders the sofa bolts to the floor and I'd a wall hugger check with lippert
Jennings48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:17 PM   #36
2019 FR puma 39PQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
Thats the same dimensions I have. Did you anchor them and are they in a slide. Do you have a pic? Thanks
sorry don't have pic . i can tell you it is a tight fit . installed the love seat on the slide , did not tie down, as my camper is staionary my unit is puma 39pqb
amx1397 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater