Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #1

Charging problem on 2018 2431 GTS

We have a new FR rv and have had it inside plugged into 30A service to keep all the batteries charged. Getting ready to go on trip and checked the voltage on the house battery and it reads 11.3 Volts. Thats while it's plugged in, when unplugged it goes up to 11.4V. I'm pretty sure it should be reading about 12.5 V unplugged and 13.5V while plugged in. The converter is in a plastic box that is sealed. Any ideas where to go next? Called the dealer, no tech available to talk now.
Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #2

If it has been sitting awhile it might be the converter is in storage mode . it charges at a reduced rate to keep batteries from losing electrolite. Start loading the batteries and see if charge rate increases . if you have an onboard generator start it .that will drain battery to wake up that converter.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Forest River Forums mobile app
ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Following up the line that goes to the rv plug, I found a loose connection that had failed. Reconnected and all is fine.
Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #4

Great , I repaired about 6 things on my 2017 gts when I bought ours new. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Forest River Forums mobile app
ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging