Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2021, 07:03 PM   #1
D A

Class C hunt

Currently narrowed down to about 4/5 small Class Cs:
- Forester/Sunseeker 2501ts/2500
- Forester/Sunseeker 2151/2150
- Coachmen 23FS/230FS
- Jayco Redhawk/Redhawk SE 24B/22A

Problem is, I guess inventory is low most places we've looked in Texas so it's hard to get a touch and feel for comparison. Our intent is to do weekend trips for racing and sports tailgating but nothing full time and it's just the two of us. Looking for easy in and out of most places with some decency in on highway travel to destinations. Would really like to know if some models have the cab swiveling front seats for sure. Any experience and insight is solicited and welcome.

Don
D A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:29 PM   #2

If your considering the Jayco brand check out their sister company Entegra. They have the sister to the Redhawk don’t remember it’s name.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by D A View Post
Currently narrowed down to about 4/5 small Class Cs:
- Forester/Sunseeker 2501ts/2500
- Forester/Sunseeker 2151/2150
- Coachmen 23FS/230FS
- Jayco Redhawk/Redhawk SE 24B/22A

Problem is, I guess inventory is low most places we've looked in Texas so it's hard to get a touch and feel for comparison. Our intent is to do weekend trips for racing and sports tailgating but nothing full time and it's just the two of us. Looking for easy in and out of most places with some decency in on highway travel to destinations. Would really like to know if some models have the cab swiveling front seats for sure. Any experience and insight is solicited and welcome.

Don
Different brands are optioned differently as far as the swiveling front seats, so you’ll have to see how they arrived on the dealership lot. I’m pretty sure aftermarket swivel plates can be installed, but maybe not with power seats.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:54 PM   #4

In the 2021 Sunseeker Classic line, which includes the 2500TS, swivel cab seats are available as an option on the Ford E series chassis, NA on Chevy, and NA with the optional power driver's seat. Swivel seat is standard on Transit chassis Sunseekers, and power swivel comes on MBS chassis.

The 2150 you mentioned is an LE (cost reduced) model and swivel seats are not available as an option.

Download the Forester, Sunseeker, and Coachmen brochures from forestriverinc.com. The last page of the Forester and Sunseeker brochures shows standard and optional equipment.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:27 AM   #5

Class C hunt

We are getting a Jayco 27U. Swivel seats are standard as well as many other features. It is 29’ 11” long, so it should get in and out of most places without trouble. It has two seating areas that are across from each other, which is something we wanted.
Do lots of online research and get what you want, it is out there.
BTW, a dealer here in NC has several Jayco class C’s on their lot right now. Bill Plemmons RV in Rural Hall.
We looked at FR class C’s and were not too impressed.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
We are getting a Jayco 27U. Swivel seats are standard as well as many other features. It is 29’ 11” long, so it should get in and out of most places without trouble. It has two seating areas that are across from each other, which is something we wanted.
Do lots of online research and get what you want, it is out there.
BTW, a dealer here in NC has several Jayco class C’s on their lot right now. Bill Plemmons RV in Rural Hall.
We looked at FR class C’s and were not too impressed.
Do you know if the Jayco Greyhawk or Redhawk can be ordered with a short front cap and entertainment center instead of a front overhang bunk (like Forest River’s Trekker cap)? I looked but couldn’t find that option on the Jayco web site.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:34 PM   #7

Yes. The 2021 Greyhawk 29MV has a front entertainment center option. $750.00.

Old 02-06-2021, 02:36 PM   #8

https://www.jayco.com/products/class...greyhawk/29mv/

This might work

Old 02-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Yes. The 2021 Greyhawk 29MV has a front entertainment center option. $750.00.
Quote:
I looked again at the Jayco site but I don’t see any photos of a short front cap option, like you’d find on a Cambria, Aspect, Lexington, Sunseeker/Forester GTS, Sunseeker/Forester Trekker option, Nexus Viper etc. We chose the Sunseeker class C so we wouldn’t have to get the front overhang. I surely looked at Jayco while shopping but wondered if I had maybe overlooked something they had.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #10

I do not know about that, but you are correct in that it does not appear as if they have that option.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #11
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
I looked again at the Jayco site but I don’t see any photos of a short front cap option, like you’d find on a Cambria, Aspect, Lexington, Sunseeker/Forester GTS, Sunseeker/Forester Trekker option, Nexus Viper etc. We chose the Sunseeker class C so we wouldn’t have to get the front overhang. I surely looked at Jayco while shopping but wondered if I had maybe overlooked something they had.
We didn’t like MOST Class C units with the cab overhang for whatever size bed up there. It felt like you were driving in a tunnel all the time, they catch a lot of wind at speed, they’re not nearly as aerodynamic and for us....we knew it would become a dumping ground for stuff we don’t need.

To each there own but we love our B+

There, I said it. B+

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #12
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
We didn’t like MOST Class C units with the cab overhang for whatever size bed up there. It felt like you were driving in a tunnel all the time, they catch a lot of wind at speed, they’re not nearly as aerodynamic and for us....we knew it would become a dumping ground for stuff we don’t need.

To each there own but we love our B+

There, I said it. B+
If I were in the market (pfat chance) I would not rule out the Entegra.
Just before I bought our GTS I had looked hard at an Aspect, Nexus Viper and Phoenix Cruiser. I wanted to look at an Isata 25FW but none materialized anywhere near me. Even communicated with BC about it. Lexington and Melbourne (E-450) were already toast by 2018.

Happy Hunting
Old 02-06-2021, 07:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
If I were in the market (pfat chance) I would not rule out the Entegra.
Just before I bought our GTS I had looked hard at an Aspect, Nexus Viper and Phoenix Cruiser. I wanted to look at an Isata 25FW but none materialized anywhere near me. Even communicated with BC about it. Lexington and Melbourne (E-450) were already toast by 2018.

I looked at all of those models, too. I looked in person at an ISATA 4 25FW, but they were lackluster (in our opinion, I don't mean to offend anyone that owns one) and 25FW was not available with a low profile cap, only the bunk overhang. At this time, they are not in production.

Tags
class c