Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 07:04 PM   #1

Coach Antenna Replacement

On our 2018 Sunseeker DS3010, the coach antenna is useless, since it is under cab over bunk. Can it be disconnected and an antenna be installed else where for better radio reception? Also, can the Pioneer Touchscreen be replaced? Ours will only play 1 CD and then refuses to play any other CD? Used a CD head cleaner- no change. We're old fashion and still play CD's on occasion.
2022 FR3 30DS

nuruls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:56 AM   #2

I can't speak to the antenna replacement. I did recently change out the head unit in my 2018 Sunseeker 3050S with a updated Pioneer unit as I wanted a Apple CarPlay compatible unit so I could use Waze/Google Maps and other apps. I contacted Pioneer with my old unit model number (I don't recall what that was) and they recommended purchase the AVH-2500NEX, this gave me the CarPlay functions I wanted and I didn't have to rewire anything as the wire harness for this head unit was exactly the same as my old one so not cutting, just plug and play.
RvGuy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #3

Are you asking about both the coach stereo and the cab stereo?

Regarding the coach stereo, if you have the Jensen JWN6A head unit in your RV, then you will find that it comes out easily for access behind the unit. There is a lot of space back there to access the wiring. Notably, you have access to the roof panel of the RV and should be able to see where the coax cable for the tv is run. On my rig it is simply a hole with the cable through and a whole lot of sealant to fill the hole. I suggest simply running another coax for whatever antenna that you want to mount using the same hole.

However, you shoud note that the fibreglas & foam construction of the rig is transparent to radio waves. I am currently parked right beside the satellite and SiriusXM antennas that feed my house. The signals pass through the RV unaffected. I suspect that the antenna on your cab is also unaffected and that you are simply in a poor signal area. Did you try reorienting the RV to check the signal?

To identify, here is the Jensen JWN6A manual:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...0&d=1469648393
Old 06-08-2021, 01:18 PM   #4
Commercial Member

sorry to hear about the poor reception. have you pulled the in hose radio out and confirmed the antenna is connected. could be an install issue. if not you could try a 12 volt amplifier. see link
https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Univer...dDbGljaz10cnVl

The pioneer radio can be easily replaced. I believe Best Buy has some replacements.
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:45 PM   #5

Cab Radio Issue

This may sound dumb, but how and what do you remove to pull out radio/cd player unit? So I can check for loose connections.
2022 FR3 30DS

nuruls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:19 AM   #6

You should see four screw holes, two on each side of the faceplate. Unscrew the enclosed screws with a phillips screwdriver, then take a thin metal paint scraper and gently push it between the radio and the cabinet. Then carefully pry it loose. My radio fits very tight in the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuruls View Post
This may sound dumb, but how and what do you remove to pull out radio/cd player unit? So I can check for loose connections.

Tags
antenna, replacement