Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 09:03 AM   #1

Coach-Net vs Good Sam

I'm trying to decide wheter to renew my Coach-net roadside assistance or go with Good Sam. Anyone have any opinions or experiences they would like to share?
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulwv View Post
I'm trying to decide wheter to renew my Coach-net roadside assistance or go with Good Sam. Anyone have any opinions or experiences they would like to share?
I can't speak for Good Sam, but I can tell you about my recent experience with Coach-Net. We have a new Sunseeker MBS 2400W and on our shakedown trip we had an issue with our rear lights (wouldn't go out, no directionals, no brake lights, etc - it kept changing) after driving through heavy rain and big puddles. I've posted about this (Curt system) on another thread. Bottom line - Coach-Net offered to send out a safety chase vehicle to follow us to a repair center. We elected to just push on home and cross our fingers. After getting home, I called them again and they found an authorized repair center for me - made contact with them and I followed up with a call for service (still waiting for parts - thanks FR). I was impressed with the way they handled my issue.
rkreusel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:59 PM   #3

I have used Good Sam ERS twice. First time brake problem on towed car. They towed me to a auto repair center. Called me back to insure everything was OK. Second time, I had flat on inside rear tire on motorhome at my house. Tire repair man came out and charged me $90. Good Sam reimbursed me. I continue to use them. Satisfied customer.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:33 AM   #4

We too have discussed this and i was leaning toward coach-net. Good sam hasnt impressed me in other situations we had with
smiley58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #5
Citrus County, Fl.

I am in the same situation. My basic Coach Net expires in 9 days. So far leaning toward Coach Net as I have heard nothing but good about them. I have used Good Sams in the past with no issues but I am not fond of Camping World who owns them now I think.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #6

I had Coach net, the basic service that you get for a year, had to use them one time. After waiting for 3 hrs. they sent out a guy in a car, and he asked if I had a jack, I said no. he said well I can't help you. So I called a wrecker and they where there in 15 mins. Never did get reimbursed because they didn't authorize it. When it was time to renew I went with good sams. Have used them twice and both times they where there in 45 mins as they promised. I'm not a fan of CW either but they are very good IMO. I also bought the platinum plan for 89.00 a year which will let you be towed 100 miles, to where ever you want to go. That price also includes my truck and cars. I guess you might say I just had a bad experience with Coach net. There are 100 good story's compared to my bad, I do like good sams through....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #7

I've had GS Roadside Assistance for a few years. Based on my experiences I highly recommend them. I've had 3 flats changed since 2010 and the service was always great. Heck, one time they came out and I even got a new tire and was never charged.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:27 PM   #8

I have GS platinum and am pleased thus far. I have not needed them for my RV (knock on wood) but have used them for one of my cars twice. My granddaughter is going to college about 700 miles away and is using one of our cars. With the platinum plan they will assist any car, truck, motorcycle in your name. She has needed it twice, once for an accident and once for towing to a garage. No problems, no hassles... Now, if they are this good when, not if, I have an RV issue...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:51 PM   #9

GS Platinum for me as well, used 3 times in 5 years. Last time was last Sunday with an inner rear flat. The tire guy was there in 45 min after the call. I like GS. Oh, GS extended warranty with tire replacement option was great, so far, have not seen a check. Tire was $221, when reimbursed it will cost me $2.00. They would not pay the excise tax. What can you do?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam