Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #1

Couch replacement

Hi everyone. I want to remove the convoluted loveseat in my 2017 Forest River Sunseeker 3050S with individual “wall hugger” reclining chairs that can swivel as well. Is there a make and model that would fit the bill? If so attach a picture please, and include make and model.
Olderb4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:19 AM   #2

Couch replacement

Put these in mine, came out great! Don’t know of any that swivel. Mine has heat and massage. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5556.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	243826
avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:46 AM   #3

That looks awesome. Did you change your floor plan? Because the location of you seats is where our dinette is located. Our couch is on the opposite side close to the door entry way.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengers View Post
Put these in mine, came out great! Don’t know of any that swivel. Mine has heat and massage. Attachment 243826

Awesome! Just the addition we need come springtime!
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Put these in mine, came out great! Don’t know of any that swivel. Mine has heat and massage. Attachment 243826
Did you have these installed by a dealer or did you install? Could you give a ball par figure of the cost?
cmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmart View Post
Did you have these installed by a dealer or did you install? Could you give a ball par figure of the cost?

I put them in myself. The set up was 1250.00 delivered from CW. They were running a promo at the time, I think it was 800.00 off. It took me about 3 hours to remove the factory sofa and install the recliners. I used smaller lag bolts to secure the frame to the slide base. I also put the seat belts back just in case. There was an outlet available in back of the convection oven. I drilled a small hole into the lower side of the cabinet to fish the power cords though. I reused the stock kick panel, you can see in the pic it doesn’t cover the entire front but it works well enough and looks factory. Best part is I sold the stock sofa for 300.00!
Old 12-02-2020, 12:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderb4u View Post
That looks awesome. Did you change your floor plan? Because the location of you seats is where our dinette is located. Our couch is on the opposite side close to the door entry way.

I have the 2861 so my slide is on the opposite side. Your swap should be very easy since you have no slide where the sofa is.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #8

Quote:
If I may ask, what is the seat height from the floor with the new recliner? Because my 3011, like yours, has a raised platform for the slide it seems like the recliner might now be too high for a typical persons leg length...? I.e. my wife would not be happy if her feet were dangling when sitting down.

Chuck & Lois
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
If I may ask, what is the seat height from the floor with the new recliner? Because my 3011, like yours, has a raised platform for the slide it seems like the recliner might now be too high for a typical persons leg length...? I.e. my wife would not be happy if her feet were dangling when sitting down.

It’s about 5” higher then a typical recliner due to the slide. We have a small step stool we can place in front of the recliner if need be.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:07 PM   #10

Good Morning,

We have discussed the same idea of changing out our jack knife sofa for recliners or loveseat, but have the 3051 sister version from the Forrester side.

But, with the outside TV bump behind the jackknife sofa, not sure if we need extra room for the wall huggers, pushing them further into the walkway or? is there anyone with a 3050/3051 that has done this conversion to comment on the access/clearance?

TIA,

Larry

2 of us and a dog
2015 Forester 3051
2012 Ford Edge toad
after a couple of worn out pop ups!
ExFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #11

I’m in the process of removing my jackknife sofa with lazyboy recliners. The bump out for the outside TV could be an issue but at this point I don’t sit outside watching tv. If the tv has to go then so be it. Everything will be revealed soon enough. I’ll let you know how it goes but I can guarantee it will work because it has to
Old 12-07-2020, 10:42 AM   #12
Kanadian Kamper

Picture before and after please.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #13

I'd like to do something similar but my 22" wide door has me concerned. Does the furniture disassemble to get it through tight doorways?
Old 12-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #14
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I'd like to do something similar but my 22" wide door has me concerned. Does the furniture disassemble to get it through tight doorways?
A lot of loveseat type furniture pieces do come apart......the back separates from the seat part. Have the salesperson demo it just to be sure.

If it won’t fit through the door, it doesn’t matter what price it is.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement