Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #1

Cupboard drawers

We have a 2015 Sunseeker 2860DS. Just wondering how the heck I can pull out and remove a drawer? We had a drawer latch break and can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the drawer so I can fix the latch. I tried getting to the mechanism without removing and can't seem to do that either. Thanks for any help.
jbmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:30 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmcbride View Post
We have a 2015 Sunseeker 2860DS. Just wondering how the heck I can pull out and remove a drawer? We had a drawer latch break and can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the drawer so I can fix the latch. I tried getting to the mechanism without removing and can't seem to do that either. Thanks for any help.
Do not know what kind of mechanism you have. If the drawer slides out maybe a photo would help.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmcbride View Post
when fully extended the release levers are tiny black plastic "levers" on the outside of the sliding track - only visible when the drawer part of the slide is all the way out. You may need to push part of the slider in the cabinet to the rear to reveal the release levers. Like most kitchen cabinets. Some of them are so deep you might need to extend the slideout of the RV. i was able to coax one of mine out by careful fridge door positioning.

bw
billwww3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwww3 View Post
when fully extended the release levers are tiny black plastic "levers" on the outside of the sliding track - only visible when the drawer part of the slide is all the way out. You may need to push part of the slider in the cabinet to the rear to reveal the release levers. Like most kitchen cabinets. Some of them are so deep you might need to extend the slideout of the RV. i was able to coax one of mine out by careful fridge door positioning.

bw
bw has nailed it.

Drawers MUST be all the way out, then carefully (up close) look for the little black (or dark brown) plastic levers. One side moves up, the other moves down, then pull the drawer completely off the guide tracks.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #5

Youtube

I had the bottom fall out of an overloaded drawer and found visual help, to get my drawer out, on Youtube.

The instructions given from the other posts is exactly what I did. Sorry I don't have a link, but it's on there if you search for it.
Jnlcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #6

Youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=h...1BU1E1dw%3D%3D
Jnlcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote