Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2022, 09:07 PM   #41
Commercial Member

That hard of a hit to bend the wheel as seen raises question in my mind of damage tot he tire. Definitely get the tire inspected by a dealer for that brand tire.

There are hundreds if not thousands of those wheels in junk yards as there is probably no change in years of the steel wheel.

Google "OE Wheel exchange"

After you get the wheel and tire replaced then you can get the wheel simulator which will be pretty standard for Ford dually which would be the same on RVs, Pick-Ups, EMT vehicles, Fire Trucks etc.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 09:14 AM   #42
Retired Old Guy

I’m thinking that it should be able to be repaired. [emoji1787] Don’t know that I would trust that wheel!!

https://fb.watch/gnGalnew4_/
IamProStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:23 PM   #43

Damaged tire and rim

I want to thank everyone for their invaluable suggestions and input. I am happy to report that we did find a company "Rimedies" that specializes in rim repair. They were able to fix the rim and install the new tire we bought. Once we get the new "hub cap" we are back on the camping trail.
mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:02 PM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich View Post
I want to thank everyone for their invaluable suggestions and input. I am happy to report that we did find a company "Rimedies" that specializes in rim repair. They were able to fix the rim and install the new tire we bought. Once we get the new "hub cap" we are back on the camping trail.
That is a neat and catchy business name. Glad you got it fixed

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:22 PM   #45
Certified Curmudgeon

Great Outcome

Quote:
As a suggestion, and I do not know if your rear sim was damaged or if it popped off and flew into next Tuesday, I used stainless steel zip ties to prevent sim loss. It was more important on mine because of the valves and TPMS but still something you might want to consider. I do not know if they would work on the fronts because of caliper clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81B94CD1-389B-46A9-9D3A-5C8EE6101C9A.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	280878  
Old 10-25-2022, 09:08 PM   #46

Quote:
Thanks for your help and posting the picture. We are trying out several of the suggestions posted by you and all the forum folks. Will update on our success or not. Otherwise we may take a ride north.
I have straightened rims like that by just using a hydraulic jack. Use some wood blocking to spread out the pressure at the base of the jack inside the wheel..carefully position the top of the jack in the damaged area. it may take several tries to get it pushed out where you want it
tictoc43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:21 AM   #47

Rim

Quote:
We have a 2015 Forest River Forester 2861DS. We were headed out to campground and hit a curb/sewer.. Tire and wheel rim damaged. Having difficulty finding replacement for wheel rim. I can order the Michelin Agilis Cross Climate but no luck, so far, on wheel rim replacement. Any suggestions? We live in LA but guessing I may have to order and get installed. Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Try this place, they are in Michigan but I'm sure they will ship. By the way, they get all their stuff directly from the manufacturers in Indiana. https://bontragers.com/
Jcape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:41 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcape View Post
Try this place, they are in Michigan but I'm sure they will ship. By the way, they get all their stuff directly from the manufacturers in Indiana. https://bontragers.com/

Try this place for what? A rim, a simulator, a tire? The OP reported at post #43 that the rim was repaired and a new tire installed.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:42 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcape View Post
As per post #43 above, the OP has had their rim already fixed. Good info though for someone in the future who may need help and read this thread.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire