Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #1

Dewinterized the RV this weekend, ready for summer!

Got the RV out this weekend and dewinterized it. Took it to a nearby KOA with full hookups. Only problems so far is I left the water pressure regulator in the RV over the winter and it now reads 100 psi even without being hooked up. Also have the smallest of leaks at the anode rod in the water heater. Posted questions about both of those things in the plumbing forum.

Good news is, we are getting the RV out in 2 weeks to go to Florida. Have been all over the southeast and even up to Michigan camping, but have yet to get it to FL which borders my home state. Will remedy that in 2 weeks.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #2

We pulled ours out of storage for our first trip 2 weeks ago.

This was my first time dewinterizing it. I am not sure if this is expected but all the ptraps were loose (1 finger against the tab would move them - and the one under the shower leaked. My water heater bypass shutoff needed tightening on the lever as it was leaking when opened. Other than that, there were no problems. Not how I like to start a trip, but overall it worked out. I learned a lot, I fixed it, and we had a great weekend.

I ended up re-winterizing it although the weather in Illinois is probably safe, I couldn't justify chancing it just to have to a rush job if the temp dropped. I also learned to close the low point drain before trying to fill the system with anti-freeze!

Where do you put the water pressure regulator? All I've seen are inline with the fill hose.
Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:01 AM   #3

water access

If you can get to your city water feed line you can split the line with your reg. Take a look at my pics to see my solution. My lines are next to my shower p trap.

We are on the road as we type (DW is in pilot seat) 50 miles out from home, finishing a trip to the coast....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize