Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #1

Different Chassis on Sunseekers?

Hi everyone. We are new here. We are downsizing from a big fifth wheel. We are looking to buy a Sunseeker MBS 2400B. The salesperson is telling me that a coach that I found at a different dealership, which is significantly cheaper, probably has a cheaper chassis. If this the case? Can you order an MBS with a different, cheaper, chassis? He is also telling me that all the options which are listed as standard on the Sunseeker brochure are actually not included, they are just added by the dealer because so many people request them. Thanks for any input.
love2gals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Well.....are you talking about how the MOTORhome part is equipped, or are talking about the motorHOME part is equipped?

The first part in your case of the MBS 2400B is how Mercedes provide the trim level in the cab.

The second part, would be how Forest River provide the trim level of everything behind the front cab.

Also.....a 2020 “Home” might be on a 2018 or 2019 MBS chassis, and Mercedes did a substantial improvement to their 2019 chassis and dash layout.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:25 PM   #3

Just when you thought you’ve heard everything, along comes another salesman.

Sunseeker MBS current models are all built on the Sprinter 3500 chassis. As mentioned above, Mercedes-Benz did a refresh on the Sprinter for the 2019 model year, which people say is a nice upgrade over the 2018 chassis. As also mentioned above, the motorhome model can differ from the chassis model year. For example you could find a 2019 motorhome on a 2018 Sprinter chassis.

The standard features listed in the Sunseeker brochure are all included in the factory build. If you order a Sunseeker made for you, and order it with options listed in the brochure, those options are added at the factory. We ordered a Ford based Sunseeker classic with options, and it came from the factory with all those options already in place. The dealer cleaned up the mess that the factory leaves it in, filled it with fuel and handed it over to us.

The next thing I would do is either go to a different dealer, or go to the sales manager of this dealership and tell he or she that you want to work with a different salesman, not the one that gave you this misinformation.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:55 PM   #4

Thank you both for the input. I got it just in time! I called a different dealership and spoke to a great guy. He verified that the 2400B that I was looking at was built on a 2019 chassis but the coach is 2020. It has the upgraded navigation screen, etc. I just put a deposit on it! I'm very excited!! Thanks once again!
love2gals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #5

Great! I like the 2400B floor plan. I hope it serves you well.

As a side note, the 2400B floor plan is new this year, 2020, and was never built on the 2018 chassis, as far as I know.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:32 PM   #6
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and congratulations! The MBS 2400B, 2400Q, and the recently announced 2400T, are only built on the newer 2019+ M-B Sprinter chassis. There are no customer selected chassis options available from FR as they are all ordered the same way. And the FR brochure is a much more accurate source than the first sales guy you dealt with..

The really good news is the new M-B Sprinter is a huge improvement over the older chassis, especially in the technology like the M-B Navigation and voice control. Those with all the other enhancements make it a very easy to drive, comfortable motor home. My wife enjoys driving our 2400Q so I get a nice break from driving.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #7

No, all "standard" items shown for the classic sunseeker do not show up on the delivered model, at least on the 3010DS. We received a microwave but standard was supposed to be convection microwave. The couch was supposed to have a seat divider for drinks and arm rest but did not. On the walk thru you will need to take the sales brochure and check off the items listed. BTW we just purchased a 2019 and are outfitting it now. Yes, we were aware of the differences when we took possession.
davidgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgle View Post
No, all "standard" items shown for the classic sunseeker do not show up on the delivered model, at least on the 3010DS. We received a microwave but standard was supposed to be convection microwave. The couch was supposed to have a seat divider for drinks and arm rest but did not. On the walk thru you will need to take the sales brochure and check off the items listed. BTW we just purchased a 2019 and are outfitting it now. Yes, we were aware of the differences when we took possession.

The last page of the 2019 Sunseeker brochure shows that the convection microwave is an option for a Sunseeker classic, not standard. https://www.forestriverinc.com/broch...erbrochure.pdf

But yes, the factory changes things in forward production so if you order a unit, you may not get what you expect due to ongoing model changes. And of course, the fine print allows them to do that.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #9

Well, my brochure shows columns for LE, CL, MBS & TS and for each of those types it's standard. Your brochure is not showing the classic unit is it?
davidgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:59 AM   #10

Our 2020 2400W was built on a 2018 MBS chassis, and we purchased it in September 2019. It has no ladder or (to my knowledge) black flush port, no oven but our convection microwave is in an upper position with a cabinet next to it and a deep drawer under the cooktop. I mention this because I was looking at a 2020 2400W listing (I think on a Ford chassis) and the micro was under the cooktop, and 2 nice upper cabinets above. I think they may change the build-out based on what's available any given week.
texasjeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgle View Post
Well, my brochure shows columns for LE, CL, MBS & TS and for each of those types it's standard. Your brochure is not showing the classic unit is it?
Yes, my brochure does show the classic. In the 2019 brochure I have in my hand, and in the one I linked in my post above, the classic Sunseeker is referred to as “SS”, for Sunseeker, in the features list on the last page. Click the link in post #8. Apparently your brochure is a different year or different revision than the one I found at my dealer last year and on the Forest River website for 2019.

For 2020 models, the convection microwave is now standard on the Sunseeker classic, I assume because Forest River eliminated the gas fired oven under the cooktop. You may be looking at a 2020 brochure. For 2019, you got a standard microwave and a gas oven. For 2020 you get a convection microwave and no gas oven. I wouldn’t be surprised if during the model year changeover, they may have mixed and matched things differently for a short time. We actually have a 2020 model but all the colors and features are identical to a 2019.

Tags
sunseeker