Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #21

My connectors were on the back left side of the trailer. It had 2 connectors one labeled cable and one labeled satellite. I plugged the satellite in and it would not work (the cable connector did not work either). I ended up pulling the connector box and found that the other side (going to the TV) was not screwed all the way down. I tightened every thing up (it was loose on the inside behind the TV also) and everything worked.
lmiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #22

OK, I said I'd post up the results so I'll start with the good news = I HAVE WORKING DISH satellite TV in the coach!!

Now, the bad news = I might be too stupid to explain what my buddy and I (mostly my buddy) did, but I'll try.

Here are a couple of pics to hopefully remind me:

OK, so the TV up front is hooked to our DVD player up front. We had ordered our MH with a 32" TV in back, not the 22" they come with. Two days before we flew back to Michigan to p/u our MH, I touched base with our salesman (a GREAT guy - NO complaints with "him") to make sure the 32" TV was installed - OOPS, they had missed it He was having a tough time finding one quickly, but I told him all we wanted was for a 32" stand alone TV/DVD, which he was able to locate and have installed. I'm not sure why it couldn't be hooked up like the one in front was, but we honestly didn't care and in 2 years, we haven't missed having it that way.

So, my buddy and I tried to follow some of the great advice on this thread and he (buddy) determined the coax connection above the white electrical face plate (which had NO cable connected to it) could accept a short cable from there to the wally. THEN, he took one cable off the splitter and hooked it to the other side of this connection and he somehow figured it went to the outside connection near the man door.

Show of hands for everyone who is lost at this point (I'm raising my hand)

So, we were able to get the satellite to work by hooking up my DISH cable to the connection by the door. We also tested that our TV up front still played DVD's, however we weren't able to test to see if our cable still works, but my buddy assures me it will!

So, we tried connecting it to the coax stud back by the electrical/water hook ups, but it didn't like that spot. I'm sure we could have delved into it further and got it to work off the back connection, but at this point, it looked like a simple "win" for us, so we left it. I won't know for sure about over the OTA antenna (pretty much worthless for us anyway) or cable (we have had cable access 4 times in 2 years) until we hit a cable available campground.

I honestly don't think any of our other stuff will have an issue, but I guess we'll find out soon.

Sorry for such a confusing recap, but I truly appreciated everyone's input and help and wanted to let you know how it came out.

Bogey
Old 10-01-2018, 08:09 PM   #23

Glad you have SAT. I don't know for sure but I'm thinking the coax connector by the door is actually an output for an outside TV, if it's outside. Is there an AC receptacle close by? I may be way off base here. I think you will still have cable and over the air if you are using an HDMI output from your SAT receiver to the TV and the existing coax is still connected to the TV.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #24

I too felt (based on info from others on here) that it's for an outside TV, which, LOL, I will never do! Yes, there is an outlet right next to it. And we are using an HDMI cable.

Tags
forester, lite, satellite