Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2020, 01:01 PM   #41

In my humble opinion. If you are "rich" get the warranty.

Otherwise you have to have some skills. Most RVs will break something sooner or later.

If you have good mechanical, plumbing and electrical skills. And are physically capable of carrying an air conditioner off the roof of your RV and back up again.
Have the proper tools and test equipment. Then you are good to go without an extended warranty.

Good Luck either way!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:07 PM   #42

We cancelled the one we bought from the dealer and went with one from Goodsam Club; it was much cheaper and gave the same coverage. It is also renewable which means we can keep it as long as we want. I recommend that you check multiple warranties if you feel you want the protection. As mentioned before, read the fine print. The one we purchased from Goodsam has an option to cover the towed vehicle also.
kjlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:45 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlars View Post
We cancelled the one we bought from the dealer and went with one from Goodsam Club; it was much cheaper and gave the same coverage. It is also renewable which means we can keep it as long as we want. I recommend that you check multiple warranties if you feel you want the protection. As mentioned before, read the fine print. The one we purchased from Goodsam has an option to cover the towed vehicle also.
We researched Good Sams for our last trailer. And bought it. Our new trailer is still under warranty. So I will be looking again.

The fine print on Goods Sams scared me in 2 ways:

1. They do not cover the wiring. Any wiring. unless it is inside the component. Well that tells me something.

2. They require "maintenance" to be performed by factory authorized technicians on everything. So, HVAC, Heater............who knows what else and they would not specify. Find out when you make a claim.

I got blurry eyed reading fine print!

Good Luck.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #44
Omrod

Worked for me & I'm doing it again

Our first full hard side travel trailer was North Trail 28BRS and we got it new in 2011. We had two axel issues with it, both failed at different times. After dealing with it, we wished we would have gotten the extended warranty. Repairs came out of our pocket.

We then got a 2016 Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD and I got the extended warranty with it. We live in Wisconsin and have towed both to Arizona for the last eight years and move to different state and regional parks while we are there. In 2019 I noticed my tires were wearing down at a rapid rate. When we got back to Wisconsin, I took it to dependable and highly rated alignment place. They showed me a leaf spring was broken, causing the tire wear, and had to be replaced. They also found frame issues that had to be repaired. I showed them (Accurate Alignment) my XtraRide policy and they called and got an inspector there. The final bill was for over $7,000 and we had to pay $500 for the actual alignment and a few other things XtraRide didn’t cover. I am getting XtraRide on our new travel that I will pick up in a few days. Like a few others have said, the comfort we have, knowing we have it, makes life a little easier.
Omrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #45

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjsbelle View Post
Hello Forester/Sunseeker Family~

Headed from WI to OH to order our 2021 3011DSF this weekend. So...Please share your thoughts on buying an Extended Warranty...I would rather save the $5000...AND we are being offered a percentage point less interest rate which actually makes our montly payment $3 less IF we purchase the extended warranty. Which I find rather salesy (is that a word?) We are STILL paying $5000 more for the life of the loan--which I intend to sell or pay off sooner than the life of the loan.

I am not an extended warranty believer...my husband is...He thinks it will bring "peace of mind" as we travel...so we don't get stuck somewhere. RV Wholesalers has told him with their nationwide service network we just call a # and they will help us if it's on the side of the road or at a campsite...

Please share your thoughts...
I'm my own warranty. Most warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. Take the $5000 and put it in the bank and let it draw interest and when you need it for repairs, you have it. Warranties are like crap shot, most of the time you'll never need it, most dealers don't like doing warranty work because they have to fight the warranty company to get paid. The warranty companies always try to blame you for the damage that needs repair and say that you didn't maintain it like you were supposed to. Most of the stuff is because owner didn't take care of a small problem that may just be tightening some screws or caulking around and opening through the roof where the original caulking has come off on one spot and it developed a leak which any amount of water can do a lot of damage and a lot of warranty companies will deny the repair. There are a lot of you tube videos available on how to maintain and repair rv's. Also on here people will help you and there are a lot of forums on Facebook that have information on RV's maintenance.
kraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #46

Wholesale Warranty

I'm with others who used wholesale warranty service. Pay it off in 2 years. You don't want to have it as part of your RV purchase contract. EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY ONLY
Joediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:04 AM   #47

Typically the cost of a warranty is very negotiable as is the sealer that they usually sell for the exterior. Dealers make big money in the finance office with the extras that they offer. Never take their first price when purchasing any add on item. I work at a new car dealership. Our finance office makes more money they the sales department on a new car. Some products are good. Negotiate the price!
jforbesut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:00 PM   #48

A very loud NO. The extended warranty I bought "very expensive" sounded good to get all the big stuff replaced at no cost - right - there's always a cost. Plus I have to take the unit in every year for its annual $171 checkup. Now if they find something (and seems they always do) and you don't let THEM fix whatever they find then the policy is cancelled - period... We love our Flagstaff 832 ikbs but a bad judgement call on my part. It's pretty much always been my policy not to buy the extended warranty- lesson learned.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:19 AM   #49

Any advise on which Extended RV Service Contract Plan is the best? I am looking at:
1. Eagle Vision RV - Platium Xtra Ride policy
2. Wholesale Warranties - Extended Elite Complete policy
3. RVing Solutions / RV Champion - Extended Service Plan
4. America's RV Warranty

Let me know if you have one of these plans. Thanks Chris
chrisspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:31 AM   #50

XtraRide platinum. Had very good experience with it and never have heard anything bad about it, even on the forum
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #51

I made the mistake of getting one on our first RV. Lesson learned, don't do it. Use that money for a good mobile RV service who can service your RV in a timely manner rather than waiting 8 or more weeks for the dealership to get to repairs, or fix things yourself, or a mix of the two. You'll come out ahead.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:14 AM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
XtraRide platinum. Had very good experience with it and never have heard anything bad about it, even on the forum
X2
I paid $1800 for a 5-year extended service contract. Used it twice for some heavy duty repairs. They paid out $4200! (with one pay-off coming AFTER the contract expired).

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #53

Thumbs up Yes. Very satisfied with our RV Warranty!

We purchased or RV Warranty due to our lenders requirements, it has MORE than paid for itself the first year! Check out the United States Warranty at https://www.uswceagle.com/ Our local independent RV Service Company deals directly with the warranty company and our deductible is $100 total. We are glad the lender required we purchase one, and think you should consider it too.
Doc Burry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #54

Never.

Getting warranty from this place is very frustrating. The owner gets involved and is very insulting. I have a voicemail from him telling me that no one there wanted to help me. They never could provide any updates to what was being done or when it would be done. The people doing the service were fantastic but dealing with the ownership is not worth giving them any extra money.

Stay clear.
JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty