Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2020, 08:15 AM   #1

Does anyone know the brand and type of batteries? 2020 Forester 3011

Wondering what batteries are supplied. Brand and type?
WVrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrich View Post
Wondering what batteries are supplied. Brand and type?
2020 3011DS purchased this past June - flooded lead acid type... will be next week before i can check the brand. would they all be the same?
billw
billwww3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:50 AM   #3
Citrus County, Fl.

They were (2016) unlabeled Exide batteries. Think group 24. I am sure somebody will call me out if this is wrong. By the way, mine are over 5 years old and still working good. Plugged in 24/7 when not using.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
They were (2016) unlabeled Exide batteries. Think group 24. I am sure somebody will call me out if this is wrong. By the way, mine are over 5 years old and still working good. Plugged in 24/7 when not using.
2016 as well. My batteries were unlabeled Exide grp's 27's. Have since been replaced with AGM's to eliminate most of the battery maintenance.

Chuck & Lois
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:03 PM   #5

2017 batteries on my 2018 2291s, a couple of group 27 flooded ones. Will probably go AGM for less maintenance.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #6

The batteries are installed by the dealer and they will install whichever one is the cheapest they can get, the mfg does not specify what they are supposed to install. I removed the new (Mar 2020) dealer installed battery as it was not good for much more than running the lights. It was only 60ah (amp hours) which is ok for starting a motor but not much else. I installed three 12Vdc 100ah batteries bought on Amazon in parallel plus a 2000 watts Aims inverter. Took some wiring to do so but now I can run the microwave, coffee pot and other small appliances that need 120Vac. If you do not have basic electrical knowledge have a dealer or electrician do this or you could have huge problems, even a fire or damage/destroy other components in the trailer if done incorrectly. The A/C draws too much voltage/amperage so it is impractical to try running it; it also would need a "soft start" installed. My advice to buyers is to have the dealer install quality batteries and inverter as part of the sale. Go with lithium if you can afford them as they will last years longer than AGM RV batteries.
kjlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #7
Certified Curmudgeon

I scanned the barcode on the OEM batteries and it read:
“ EXIDE BAT. 27MDP Exide Nautilusmarine”
Old 10-05-2020, 09:46 PM   #8

I’m asking so I can properly set the Go Power solar charger.
WVrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:53 AM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrich View Post
I’m asking so I can properly set the Go Power solar charger.
Oh, that type. They are flooded (wet) deep cycle batteries.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlars View Post
The batteries are installed by the dealer and they will install whichever one is the cheapest they can get, the mfg does not specify what they are supposed to install. I removed the new (Mar 2020) dealer installed battery as it was not good for much more than running the lights. It was only 60ah (amp hours) which is ok for starting a motor but not much else. I installed three 12Vdc 100ah batteries bought on Amazon in parallel plus a 2000 watts Aims inverter. Took some wiring to do so but now I can run the microwave, coffee pot and other small appliances that need 120Vac. If you do not have basic electrical knowledge have a dealer or electrician do this or you could have huge problems, even a fire or damage/destroy other components in the trailer if done incorrectly. The A/C draws too much voltage/amperage so it is impractical to try running it; it also would need a "soft start" installed. My advice to buyers is to have the dealer install quality batteries and inverter as part of the sale. Go with lithium if you can afford them as they will last years longer than AGM RV batteries.
We’re talking about a motor home. They usually have the batteries installed at the factory.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:16 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlars View Post
The batteries are installed by the dealer and they will install whichever one is the cheapest they can get, the mfg does not specify what they are supposed to install.
This thread is about a Forester Motorhome and is posted in the Motorhome section of the Forum.
As was said, Motorhomes have factory installed batteries, otherwise they couldn't be driven to the dealerships.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, forester