Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2015, 02:00 PM   #1

Thumbs down Dometic Refrigerator

My new 2015 Sunseeker 3050s came with the 4 door Dometic refrigerator. We really like it and the ice maker works better than expected. The door latches are not designed very good. We have to put a strap around the doors when traveling to keep them from coming open. Often, when we close the left door. the right opens and must be watched to make sure the right door is not cracked open. I emailed Dometic, but no return. Anyone found a way to fix the door latches? The local Dometic service center ordered a new latch which I installed but it did not help.

J. V.
J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:01 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I'm not a big fan of the latches either...the only other option was Norcold and their freezer was two small, separate compartments instead of one big one.

I seem to think Dometic is on a new design now....but have not compared side to side.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #3

Mine has never come open, but we have already broken one handle and replaced it.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #4

Dometic Refrigerator

[QUOTE=bclemens;760827]I'm not a big fan of the latches either...the only other option was Norcold and their freezer was two small, separate compartments instead of one big one.

I seem to think Dometic is on a new design now....but have not compared side to side.[/QUO

Have they supplied any aftermarket latch under warranty to fix this problem?

J. V.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Not that I am aware of. Doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. i wonder if they're getting broken on the sales lot. Everyone wants to look in the fridge...sometimes using brute force.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #6

Dometic Refrigerator

When I look at the online service manual pictures, it shows an automatic travel latch tied into the ignition of the coach and a manual latch with a slide button to lock. When I look at mine, I only see a blank area and 4 silver pins, 2 looking up and 2 looking down with no purpose that I can see. I am wandering if something has been left off to manually latch for travel. I do have the little "airing lock" which does lock the top doors when traveling.

Thanks for the information,
J. V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not that I am aware of. Doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. i wonder if they're getting broken on the sales lot. Everyone wants to look in the fridge...sometimes using brute force.

Tags
dometic, refrigerator