Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #1

Dometic Refrigerator #RM1350 Propane?

My next issue on my #3051S is a problem with the Refrigerator operating on propane. Last night the power was off in the RV Park for a short time (storm) and the refrigerator shut-off. This morning I noticed the display blinking between LP and the temp display. Showing a LP gas operation lock out. Not sure why it does not go back to electric mode when park power is returned.

During my trip to N.C. the refrigerator sometimes would NOT ignite and went into LP gas lock out. I drove one entire morning without the refrigerator operating on LP.

When the refrigerator is switched to propane it attempts to ignite. You can hear the electric spark and the propane gas flowing. After a short time the system locks out because it did not ignite. I can sometimes turn the refrigerator switch off then on and it will ignite on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. You can lite the unit with a lighter and it fires up.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #2

TRW,

I just bought a 3051S with the four door fridge and it is / was doing the same thing. Took it into the local dealer last week and they determined the valve (which you hear as the loud click when gas operation is commanded) isn't opening fully. New part on order, will be replaced next week all covered by warranty.

Damon
BiffF15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #3

Update

Damon,
Mine was fixed a few days ago by a Mobile RV Service. They called Dometic first to check on any recall notices or service bulletins. I did not want to touch anything because the RV is new and everything is under full warranty.

FIX: a single screw that holds the electrode in place just above the burner was lose. After tightening the screw the electrode was now in it's correct position and it worked perfectly. no charge...

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote