Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #1

Emergency Start Switch #2

Had to start a new thread since ESS #1 (http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ch-137143.html) was too old to post in.

Although I have not yet had a need to use the emergency start switch I recently made an attempt to find it as I wanted to conduct a test to make sure it worked. From prior posts I've read it that the switch should be located somewhere on or underneath the driver seat however I could not find anything other than the electric controls for the seat. I have a 2016 3011 however I also assume that the emergency switch would be located in the same place on the Ford chassis for all FR models. Anyone else have a 3011 and know where this switch is or might be located?

Thanks

RVr
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Its on the base of non-power seats. Dont know where they hide it for power seats.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #3

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Its on the base of non-power seats. Dont know where they hide it for power seats.
That's what I was thinking, now just need to find it.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #4

Does anyone know if this switch could be used to start the generator if the house batteries are dead or is it only for starting the engine to the motor home?
Sherol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #5

Yep...works both ways....boost the house with the chassis to start the generator.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherol View Post
Does anyone know if this switch could be used to start the generator if the house batteries are dead or is it only for starting the engine to the motor home?

I had my house batteries out for the winter and I could start the generator with the engine running without using the boost switch.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #7

Mine is attached to the drivers seat. It is really hidden and the only way I can see it is standing on the outside of the coach with the door open.

By the way, the "boost" switch simply connects both the engine and house batteries together to form one battery bank that can be used to start either the engine or the generator.
WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneLee View Post
Mine is attached to the drivers seat. It is really hidden and the only way I can see it is standing on the outside of the coach with the door open.
I’m absolutely positive that the OP would appreciate a photo of exactly where that hidden switch is on the power seat.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #9

Need a picture
Jesse Pena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #10

I took another look around the driver seat and it is definitely not there. I may be forced to trace the wiring from the BIM module, now I just need to find where that is located.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
I took another look around the driver seat and it is definitely not there. I may be forced to trace the wiring from the BIM module, now I just need to find where that is located.
Thanks
Jesse Pena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #12

On the power seat model, it is located under the front of the seat, in middle, and under the seat cushion. It may be hidden by the seat skirting.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeljag View Post
On the power seat model, it is located under the front of the seat, in middle, and under the seat cushion. It may be hidden by the seat skirting.
I took another look based on the pic that SJ made in another thread...and there it was! Thanks team!

"Power seat ? Directly below the cushion between drivers knees"

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1915078

Tags
forester, switch