Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #1

End of season report on our 2019 3010DS

Well, its winter time here in Idaho now, so time to winterize the motor home and wait for our annual trip to Lake Havasu in March. Thought I'd post some observations on here for our experiences.

We purchased our MH in May of this year, and have about 5500 miles and 30 nights in it. After a largely soggy Springtime, the Summer finally turned around and got nice. Have enjoyed each and every one of them. A couple short boon docking trips, but mostly out of state, and staying in established campgrounds. The power system and generator, TV, slides, and frame and cabinets have been exceptional. No issues at all with those things, the water tank fill hose needed to be re-run correctly in order to fill properly and I did reverse the bathroom door and curtain locations for better ease of use. Oven runs about 40 degrees lower than set point, but fixed that with a good thermometer. Took my wife a few tries to learn to use the toaster under the range hood, to avoid smoke detector alarms!

We pulled my UTV and short flatbed trailer down to Utah last week for a hunting trip. Have to be very careful with the limited clearance around any rocks or ruts. You can ground out, but the skids work well on the back. A trailer with a really short tongue will turn tight enough to hit the 4 inch bumper and bend it, can't see it on the rear camera either. Luckily it straightens right back out with a long block of wood in it.

The only issue we have discovered has been a broken shower drain. We have only used the shower 2 or 3 times, as we prefer the ones in the campground. The compartment on the passenger side below the slide got a little water in it early on, and wetted some cardboard boxes, but we attributed it to road water being thrown up during all the driving in the super wet Spring. Our solution was to put stuff in Rubber Maid, or Tupperware boxes and never had another problem.

Yesterday when I poured RV antifreeze into the shower drain, I found the compartment below filled with pink liquid. Uh Uh, not good sign and I went right up to check shower. Looking down into the drain, I could see the screw off at a weird angle, the inside of the insert broken, and the entire pipe broken off the flange. The floor is very solid and there is no deformation in the chrome cover; obviously this has been broken since manufacture. No reason for us to have looked down into the drain on our pre-delivery inspection (PDI), and by not using the shower, we did not find it for 5 months.

Nelsons RV in Boise is a Camping World dealer, and we have one here locally in town. I talked to them yesterday and they made an immediate appointment to investigate and repair as warranty work. Will see how it goes next week and report back.

Other than that minor problem, we love our coach and can't wait to use it again this next year. Good camping to all who are still out there!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	894C190F-92A3-4A25-87C8-56FB1A228D05.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	216968  
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #2
DW's 401(k) Plan

Great report! Glad "most" went well. Hope the dealer comes through for you.
Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:08 PM   #3

Have to give a big shout out to Camping World of Idaho Falls. They were able to get my motor home in on Monday morning, agreed it was definitely a warranty repair, and they could get to it in a couple days. Here in less than five days they had it completed, winterized it for us (NC) and returned it in tip-top shape. The quality of the repair was great too.

Thanks CW!!!
Old 10-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #4

Wait, what?

It’s not Halloween yet, but it is already WINTER in Idaho?
Great bourbon-just about any of San Diego’s craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:17 PM   #5

Lows were 9-14 last week, 22 this morning. Not quite winter but creeping up on it!!
Old 10-18-2019, 10:45 PM   #6
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Lows were 9-14 last week, 22 this morning. Not quite winter but creeping up on it!!

You're talking Celsius and not Farenheit, right?

That is definitely winter here (NE Ohio).

Ray

Tags
sunseeker