Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2023, 02:14 PM   #1

Question EXPRESS 4500 Fuel Pump Relay

2014 Express 4500. Got stranded just over the Ohio border on I90. Had to have Sunseeker 2860DS towed back to NY. To make a long story short, the repair shop replaced the fuel pump relay, and the start/run relay. All seems to be good now. Question is -- has anyone else had issues with these relays? I have several spares now in case I need them.
aldermanjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 02:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Moved thread from the General Tech and Repair section to the Forester and Sunseeker sub-forum since the OP is asking about a model-specific part.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 06:57 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Electronics

Failure of electrical components is not unusual on any vehicle. As far as Express systems go, there is a history of issues like yours stemming from the box under the hood itself.
Old 04-09-2023, 04:39 PM   #4

Thank you

I have 4 spare relays now just in case. It's only got around 30K on it. I was having an issue with the right rear turn signal and brake light due to a short in the toad. Probed around in the "box under the hood" , and might have shorted something. Anyway it ran ok for 4 plus hours. Three week trip planned out west for July 2023. Last years trip was salvageable. The tow truck made it from Ohio (4-5 hours) in better time than us in the Wrangler. One tire was blown out. Had to re seed the yard after rear bumper of the MH took it out. It was 4 AM when that happened. Loaded everything we could fit out of the MH into our Grande Cherokee L, and headed out the next day. Stayed at hotels instead of boondocking. Upgraded most of our reservations to cabins. Had to rent a MH in Salt Lake. At any rate -- I can't complain too mush since we still saw 5 national parks. MH was at the repair shop for 5 weeks before they looked at it. Just wondering if I should take any other spare parts with me.
aldermanjb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, fuel, pump