Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #1

Factory Repairs

Anyone ever send their motorhome back to the factory for service? Mine goes back in a few weeks. Were you happy with the repairs? I'm thinking this should be the best repair shop available.
rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Everyone that I know that had them serviced at the factory was very pleased with the results.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #3

I have only heard one bad thing about the factory work and it was an mistake and the factory shipped the rv back to the factory and made it right. All the other comments I have seen no matter who the manufacture is seem to be great. Since they build he units they know the ends and outs and seem to fix them the right way!!
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #4

That's kinda what I figured. I love my 3050s. The dealer made an attempt to fix it but it was not up to par. So the factory recommended I send it back for a factory fix. Can't wait to see the end result!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #5

Well it was picked up today. Crossing my fingers!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #6

What kind of repair is needed?
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #7

Long story. Let's just say that it is in for major surgery. I will give a full account once it is complete. Right now I feel it is in good hands! Mr Clemens please keep an eye on my "baby" for me.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #8

Your thread caught my attention. We have been dealing with leaks. The dealer has had it three times and it's still leaking. I wonder if I need to start demanding it needs to go back to Forest River. I love the layout of the 3050 but it's given us more issues than I would have expected.

Good luck.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #9

Sounds like your dealer doesn't know what they are doing. Shocker! I would call Forest River directly. They actually seem to care that you are happy with their product. Unlike alot of dealers who just care about the sale. Good luck.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #10

It's back! Looks better than it did the day I picked it up at the dealer. Mike J. and his team did an awesome job! So my slide never worked right from the start. I first noticed it rubbing in the upper back corner. I figured no big deal just needs to be adjusted. I was shocked to hear the dealer tell me that the hole for the slide room was cut out of square! And of course they could not fix it. I figured just my luck I lay down a huge chunk of money and I get the unit that was built on Superbowl Monday! This was April 2014. I had a full season of trips planned with the family. Props to my dealer though because they were able to cut, build out, and shim until the slide would work properly. Only problem was it looked like ****. They told me that I should go on all my trips and at the end of the summer Forest River would fix it properly. I did just that and the slide worked great all summer. When they came to pick up the motorhome I was excited and skeptical, these were the guy's who cut the hole out of square to begin with. Boy was I wrong to worry. I am here to tell everyone that Forest River really does stand behind their products! It now looks awesome. They actually ended up replacing the whole side wall and the slide room. They fixed all the little stupid things that I complained about and even added some upgrades! I can't say enough good things about the team at Forest River! Special thanks to Mike J.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #11

That's good to hear. Wished I lived close to Palomino Columbus factory.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, repair, repairs